Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Starting Flannel Quilt for hubby.. & some extra fun pics QUESTION ADDED..PICS ADDED PG 3 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/starting-flannel-quilt-hubby-some-extra-fun-pics-question-added-pics-added-pg-3-a-t12896.html)

sewjoyce 11-05-2008 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bevanger

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Looks great so far! Keep up the good work! Your hubby is gonna love it!

Thanks hun. I sure hope so... READ QUESTION (1st post)

I like the patch idea!! And then if you run out of stuff that "matches", then make a huge scrappy border??

Bevanger 11-05-2008 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bevanger

Looks great so far! Keep up the good work! Your hubby is gonna love it!

Thanks hun. I sure hope so... READ QUESTION (1st post)

I like the patch idea!! And then if you run out of stuff that "matches", then make a huge scrappy border??

hey good idea. i can use the patches for the center.... Brillant dawling Brillant :wink:

zyxquilts 11-05-2008 08:02 AM

I wouldn't take apart the 4-patches you've already made - just call them each one square & add other squares & strips around them? Free form patchwork! :D

Bevanger 11-05-2008 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by zyxquilts
I wouldn't take apart the 4-patches you've already made - just call them each one square & add other squares & strips around them? Free form patchwork! :D

Another Brillant idea dawling...... You guys ARE good :D

vicki reno 11-05-2008 08:23 AM

It didn't bother me. I am glad you are putting it to good use. I recognize some of the pieces so I know they went to a good home.

Bevanger 11-05-2008 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by vicki reno
It didn't bother me. I am glad you are putting it to good use. I recognize some of the pieces so I know they went to a good home.

WHEW! Good..... Ya know when I get fabrics and use them, the whole time sewing I'm thinking oooooooooooo I can't wait to show the gals/guys what I made with their fabrics..... I guess I just got so involved/caught up in it, and having fun, I hadn't realized I was maybe "asking for too much". But oh you angels have made me so happy..... The funiest part, well second from sewing is when I get msgs that say, Hey. I recognize that fabric..... It just makes me feel soooooo good. Hopefully I'm getting across to how I feel.....PLEASE forgive me everyone for asking too much.....I love ya all..

vicki reno 11-05-2008 09:02 AM

I have always said that because I was fortunate to be blessd with so many people giving me fabric that if I have it, I'm glad to share. Knowing how much you are enjoying it and how creative you are with what you have, well that's good enough for me. I don't think you are asking too much. You need it, we have it, and are glad to share. One day if circumstances are better, maybe you can do a good turn for someone. Until then, just enjoy!

Quilt4u 11-05-2008 09:20 AM

Love your quilt. And your 4 leged kids are so cute.

Bevanger 11-05-2008 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by vicki reno
I have always said that because I was fortunate to be blessd with so many people giving me fabric that if I have it, I'm glad to share. Knowing how much you are enjoying it and how creative you are with what you have, well that's good enough for me. I don't think you are asking too much. You need it, we have it, and are glad to share. One day if circumstances are better, maybe you can do a good turn for someone. Until then, just enjoy!

I felt like a million dollars when I sent Loretta some B/W fabs. I'm so enjoying what I do.......

Bevanger 11-05-2008 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Love your quilt. And your 4 leged kids are so cute.

Thanks Sweetie :D