Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Starting Flannel Quilt for hubby.. & some extra fun pics QUESTION ADDED..PICS ADDED PG 3 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/starting-flannel-quilt-hubby-some-extra-fun-pics-question-added-pics-added-pg-3-a-t12896.html)

Bevanger 11-08-2008 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by quiltwoman
Hope u r feeling better--saw you q's--I like your 4 patches--are you short fabric? If so, scrappy IS the way to go--Keep on doing what you are doing :!:
HTH,

yes, short on flannels, but its ok. i'm mixing matching, and then some. My Aunt gave me some scraps, but not flannels. More of a heavy plaid. which is cool..... it'll all work out. I just gotta do some planning..Its just hard on the brain to think sometimes..... :lol:

Bevanger 11-08-2008 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by pennyswings
Bev:
love the wolf and other animal print blocks and would stay with that theme on front of quilt. Then do the coca-cola theme on the back. then the quilt would be reversable to fit his mood.
Like Lorettas suggestion on the paw prints. Could make them by paper piecing. use some of the plaid and do to paw prints on the dark brown material, in a tan or the blue
Love the Kitty so cute, Love your dogs too. always wanted one of that breed but have a 120 pound german shepherd now. Quite a difference no?? :lol:
Sorry for grammer and spelling, just getting over knee surgery, well no excuse for spelling errors, lol
anyway love what you have done so far and yoiçu have some great other fabrics to work with
sincerely,
Penny

thanks dearheart.. I wish i could go that route, but just had those pieces given to me.... i love them.... But i'm gonna stay with scrappy as my angels did there best in helping me..

Bevanger 11-08-2008 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by mamatobugboo

Originally Posted by Bevanger

Originally Posted by quilterj
Bev, Where did you get your wolf fabric at? My friend loves wolves.

I'm drawing a blank, but its from an angel on here :D

that wolf fabric was given to me and since it had been sitting for a while in my cabinet, I felt moved to pass it on to someone who would put it to it's proper use! Pay it forward, right?! I have no idea where it came from but it had other creatures on it too....

Great job, Bev. You sound like you are having TONS of fun with it!

oh i am......... isn't the fabs you gave looking awesome?? A MILLION THANKS..... to all my angels for helping out.

mary quite contrary 11-08-2008 07:23 AM

I believe I got that fabric in a panel at WalMart. It had wolves, bears, elk, deer, etc. My hubby isn't so much into wolves so I was really glad I was able to use what he liked and someone else was able to use the wolves. It is at least a couple years old though.

Your quilt is coming along great Bev.

Bevanger 11-08-2008 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
I believe I got that fabric in a panel at WalMart. It had wolves, bears, elk, deer, etc. My hubby isn't so much into wolves so I was really glad I was able to use what he liked and someone else was able to use the wolves. It is at least a couple years old though.

Your quilt is coming along great Bev.

Hey, it worked PERFECT for me hun..... THANKS TONS

Joan 11-08-2008 08:42 AM

Bev, it's looking good! And, I'm so glad you are feeling better. I just finished a little crib quilt for my grandson (just turned 1) and machine quilted it myself for the first time. You should try it----I just "stitched in the ditch". It didn't come out too bad for a first try. (took a lot of time but probably no more than tying)
~Joan

Bevanger 11-08-2008 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Joan
Bev, it's looking good! And, I'm so glad you are feeling better. I just finished a little crib quilt for my grandson (just turned 1) and machine quilted it myself for the first time. You should try it----I just "stitched in the ditch". It didn't come out too bad for a first try. (took a lot of time but probably no more than tying)
~Joan

Oh yeah? Hrmmmmmmm I guess I really DO need to try.. Please show us a pic of your pretty..
HAPPY BIRTHDAY________ (grandsons name)
Thanks for the compliment hun

Joan 11-09-2008 07:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, Bev, I'm going to try to post a pic of my grandson's quilt. My DS "fixed" my computer and deleted the picture program that is familiar. BTW, the quilt is all flannel, too. And, thanks for the happy birthday to Stewart, my grandson. He is the apple of my eye! :lol:

Joan 11-09-2008 07:54 AM

WOW, it worked! I guess I'm not that stupid! The little ducks all have pirate hats. The print was just darling. Good luck stitching in the ditch, I didn't find it hard. The hardest part was moving around the quilt since it was rather bulky. (I don't know what people do with BIG quilts)

Bevanger 11-09-2008 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Joan
Well, Bev, I'm going to try to post a pic of my grandson's quilt. My DS "fixed" my computer and deleted the picture program that is familiar. BTW, the quilt is all flannel, too. And, thanks for the happy birthday to Stewart, my grandson. He is the apple of my eye! :lol:

Awwwwwww Joan, That is adoreable. You did a good job hun.... Thanks for sharing.....I can tell How much you love Stewart... He's sooooo precious. :D