Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Starting a new quilt - Disappearing nine blocl (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/starting-new-quilt-disappearing-nine-blocl-t67195.html)

pojo 09-28-2010 08:28 AM

Our Walmart don't carry them.

They are cute.

mom-6 09-28-2010 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've used only 3 fabrics per square in the D9P's I've done. They've been for block swaps, so do not have pics of a finished quilt with them.

This shows one complete block and about half a block of the other fabric combination I used.

black/white/bright swap blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]99264[/ATTACH]

amma 09-28-2010 11:04 AM

I can't wait to see your quilt, those are pretty fabrics :D:D:D

carolaug 09-28-2010 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished sewing all of the 9 blocks now to cut them up and resew them. LOL...my husband is like WHAT...why would you do that...

Originally Posted by amma

CoventryUK 09-28-2010 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug
I finished sewing all of the 9 blocks now to cut them up and resew them. LOL...my husband is like WHAT...why would you do that...

Thanks for your kind comments about my soldiers quilts. I look forward to seeing this one completed. Love your colour combinations!

CoventryUK 09-28-2010 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug

Thanks for your kind comments about my soldiers quilts. I look forward to seeing this one completed. Love your colour combinations!

CoventryUK 09-28-2010 02:10 PM

My husband thinks I.m crazy too!! Tells everyone I buy yards of fabric, cut it all into tiny pieces then spend HOURS sewing it back together!! (He.s very supportive really!!)

Bluebonnet Sue 09-28-2010 02:15 PM

Is that really how you do it? I thought you sewed each 9 patch individually, then cut them each through the center vertically & then horizontally & then sewed them all together. Maybe it will work your way too, but not so sure. I'll keep watching your progress. I'm thinking of doing one of these as well.

vintagemotif 09-28-2010 02:20 PM

Disappearing Nine Patch is a fun quilt to make since there are so many different arrangements that can be made after you cut the block. Looking forward to seeing which arrangement you pick. Have fun!

CoventryUK 09-28-2010 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bluebonnet Sue
Is that really how you do it? I thought you sewed each 9 patch individually, then cut them each through the center vertically & then horizontally & then sewed them all together. Maybe it will work your way too, but not so sure. I'll keep watching your progress. I'm thinking of doing one of these as well.

Yes thats what I did. Each nine patch individually then cut v and h.Didn.t realise you had sewn all your blocks together first!! Interesting!!