Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Stash pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/stash-pictures-t47938.html)

quiltilicious 06-01-2010 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by annieshane
Now that is what I call a stash!!! Before I saw the "turn your head sideways" I was trying to decide how you had hung your fabric. Time for a break for me.

I am now trying to re-organize and it is such a mess. I have found fabrics I didn't even remember purchasing. That has not happened to anyone here, I know...right? It is like Christmas with each shelf.

Now I know why I am "poor" in other areas, I am rich in fabrics. What a joy!!!!

I know, right? What cracked me up was when I was sorting fabrics and I found the same fabric in a couple of different "strata" -- I bought it 2 or THREE times because I forgot I already had some! (and I really did love the fabric).

After doing this last winter, I realize I probably need to go through and sort every year or so, just to remind myself of what I have on hand.

I used to think I was turning into a hoarder until I started reading about making art quilts and how you need the "widest palette possible"

dkabasketlady 06-01-2010 09:08 PM

Great storage space. I've gone to IKEA & brought the catalog home to drool over. I also would like to have the Billy cabinets w/doors. Do they hold the weight of fabric well? That's what is holding me back, I didn't want bowed shelves!!

quiltilicious 06-02-2010 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
Great storage space. I've gone to IKEA & brought the catalog home to drool over. I also would like to have the Billy cabinets w/doors. Do they hold the weight of fabric well? That's what is holding me back, I didn't want bowed shelves!!

They bow ever so slightly on the extra wide bookcase. the narrower one doesn't bow at all.

katsewnsew 06-02-2010 04:14 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is pix of my stash! Took the 6x28 size ruler and folded all fabrics so they look neater. My collection started about 2001.

fireworkslover 06-02-2010 04:24 AM

katsewnsew
My goodness - it looks like a store - so organized! A question: Do you put any smaller pieces inside your neatly folded outer piece? I have a tendency to keep most small scraps of every print. I do use small pieces. In fact, I just used strips that were 3/8" wide to fuse triangles for the current fireworks quilt pattern.

shaysmema 06-02-2010 04:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I also store in clear plastic boxes that I label with blue painters tape. When I finish a project I remove tape and add a new project. I alway seem to buy more boxes though. lol

katsewnsew 06-02-2010 04:30 AM

I definitely save small pieces, too. If you look in the last pix, you can barely see on top of the shelf where I have plastic bins - marked with lights, mediums, darks, and also fqs by colors, too. I am a fabric freak and proud of it!!! Thanks .

woody 06-02-2010 04:35 AM

OOOOOHHHHH WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
I am green with envy, my stash all fits in a 12" x 20"x 4" basket.
I would gladly give anybody's unwanted stash a good home LOL

Candace 06-02-2010 04:21 PM

Serious fabric envy happening here.

momymom 06-02-2010 05:05 PM

I can't take pictures of mine. It's stashed all over the house. Plastic totes under the cutting table, under the leaves of the sewing table, 3 drawer chest in the sewing room, baskets of scraps, in a trunk in the living room, in my GGF's hutch in the entryway, 2 tubs in the linen closet batting in space bags because I got tired of them falling on my head, and craft supplies in a buffet in the bedroom. If my DH only knew!!!!! I'd be in trouble!