Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stash pictures

Blog Entries
    These are pictures of my stash after I spent three days reorganizing it over the winter holidays. It's not quite as neat right now, but it's not the disaster area it was last year.

these are a pair of "billy" bookcases from Ikea, with doors to keep sunlight and cats out of the stash.

Side note: I've been collecting fabric for decades. This did not happen overnight.

So., what does YOUR stash look like?

Obviously I don't know how to orient photos here
    Name:  Attachment-76643.jpe
Views: 42
Size:  3.22 MB

Turn head sideways to view :)
    Name:  Attachment-76668.jpe
Views: 39
Size:  56.5 KB

Now, that's a wonderful stash! I love nice, big, full of variety, stashes! Keep up the good work!

I am not afflicted by the stash bug,, (yet) I hear that will happen in time,,lol... he he....
    But I love the various arrays of colors you have!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdralshhadeh
    I am not afflicted by the stash bug,, (yet) I hear that will happen in time,,lol... he he....
    Yes you sure will be afflicted by it in time! :lol:

I have a walkin closet for my stash... my bedroom doesn't have one but my stash does. Is that a bad sign? My husband says I'm beginning to be a horder but I keep saying "no, I'm a Quilter there is a difference."

Blog Entries
    i'm so tired of my stash that i've been grabbing charms or fat qtrs and making tops as quickly as possible. just to clear out some things. i can't live forever and my stash just may if i don't do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Yes you sure will be afflicted by it in time! :lol:
    I think I am slowly being afflicted by you all here,, now I look at fabric online,,and think,,got to have it,,got to have it,, lol..

My stash is in clear plastic boxes by catagories. Fall, Doggies, Christmas, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Boston1954
    My stash is in clear plastic boxes by catagories. Fall, Doggies, Christmas, etc.
    Nice sewing room! I love the space.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston1954
    Very nicely organized!

Not only a wonderful stash but so organized........ whant to come do my room..... lol

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I'd love to know how much $$$$ I've invested in clear plastic storage bins. My cats love every piece of fabric, hence the storage bins :D They are so furry and determined!! lolol
    But I have a bed in my sewing room so they make good use of it.
    PS. Love what you have done!! :D

LOL! I want to be buried with mine. Just surrounded in mounds of fabric. :lol:

Good stash, good stash, good stash.......

I bet it makes you smile!!!!

Great stash!

Banned
    great stash

Blog Entries
    Now that is what I call a stash!!! Before I saw the "turn your head sideways" I was trying to decide how you had hung your fabric. Time for a break for me.

I am now trying to re-organize and it is such a mess. I have found fabrics I didn't even remember purchasing. That has not happened to anyone here, I know...right? It is like Christmas with each shelf.

Now I know why I am "poor" in other areas, I am rich in fabrics. What a joy!!!!

I used plastic covered storage boxes for my stash. Each color has a box. As a color expands and outgrows it's box, I transfer it to a larger one. I've several sizes of boxes right now and they are stacked on top of each other in several stacks on the perimeter of my sewing room. I've labeled both the top and the ends of the boxes, so it's easy to find the box I want. This works for me and I can't ever imagine having it folded and stored in open shelving like lots of you people do.

That is a great stash and so well organized. I need you to come help me. :-D

Blog Entries
    My best friend and quilting buddy have an agreement, the survivor must clear out the other's fabrics and take them home with her. We have decided our husbands will take care of the other's wife ver well just to make sure his wife does not inherit the other's stash at his house. Now I can not worry about what in the world will happen to my beloved fabrics.

We actually had a church member who died. Her husband brought our church pick-up truck loads of fabrics for our quilting projects. We literally threw out 100+ yards of fabric that had been damaged over time/weather while stored in the outbuilding. His delight has been in seeing the many projects his beloved wife's fabrics have supported.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by annieshane
    Now that is what I call a stash!!! Before I saw the "turn your head sideways" I was trying to decide how you had hung your fabric. Time for a break for me.

I am now trying to re-organize and it is such a mess. I have found fabrics I didn't even remember purchasing. That has not happened to anyone here, I know...right? It is like Christmas with each shelf.

Now I know why I am "poor" in other areas, I am rich in fabrics. What a joy!!!!
    I know, right? What cracked me up was when I was sorting fabrics and I found the same fabric in a couple of different "strata" -- I bought it 2 or THREE times because I forgot I already had some! (and I really did love the fabric).

After doing this last winter, I realize I probably need to go through and sort every year or so, just to remind myself of what I have on hand.

I used to think I was turning into a hoarder until I started reading about making art quilts and how you need the "widest palette possible"

Great storage space. I've gone to IKEA & brought the catalog home to drool over. I also would like to have the Billy cabinets w/doors. Do they hold the weight of fabric well? That's what is holding me back, I didn't want bowed shelves!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
    Great storage space. I've gone to IKEA & brought the catalog home to drool over. I also would like to have the Billy cabinets w/doors. Do they hold the weight of fabric well? That's what is holding me back, I didn't want bowed shelves!!
    They bow ever so slightly on the extra wide bookcase. the narrower one doesn't bow at all.

Here is pix of my stash! Took the 6x28 size ruler and folded all fabrics so they look neater. My collection started about 2001.
    Attached Images Attached Images

katsewnsew
    My goodness - it looks like a store - so organized! A question: Do you put any smaller pieces inside your neatly folded outer piece? I have a tendency to keep most small scraps of every print. I do use small pieces. In fact, I just used strips that were 3/8" wide to fuse triangles for the current fireworks quilt pattern.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast