Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Stash Buster Challenge (Go to your stash and make some cool projects)

Blog Entries
    Stash Buster Challenge (Go to your stash and make some cool projects)

I know alot of you have so much fabric that your house is getting heavier! ha ha

I would love to see what you can make by just using your fabric from your stash.

This way you can make more projects. You can shop at home in your piles of fabrics to make some cool quilts. While you are at it you might find some fabrics that you forgot all about and now is the time to get your fabrics organized. Also use up your scraps and make some cool Crumb quilts. The sky is the limit in making creative quilts!

Be creative, I can't wait to see the photos of projects that you are making? Happy Quilting!

I did that earlier this week but can't post a pic of the finished project cause it's my Oct. Doll Quilt and I've not sent it to it's new home yet ;)

Did Just that and free'd up some that were just don't knows, ended up some not so bads, and gave to charity finished the start of one, the second added some pieces to that were originally a vest piece, just so happened to match and were put to good use at the same time :).
    Hopefully will end up as someones cuddlies.

Wee bit scrappy but worked :)
    Name:  Attachment-110556.jpe
Views: 32
Size:  65.6 KB

A start that I wasn't sure of.
    Name:  Attachment-110809.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  65.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear

I know alot of you have so much fabric that your house is getting heavier! ha ha

I would love to see what you can make by just using your fabric from your stash.

This way you can make more projects. You can shop at home in your piles of fabrics to make some cool quilts. While you are at it you might find some fabrics that you forgot all about and now is the time to get your fabrics organized. Also use up your scraps and make some cool Crumb quilts. The sky is the limit in making creative quilts!

Be creative, I can't wait to see the photos of projects that you are making? Happy Quilting!
    What is a crumb quilt?And if you have a pic please post.

Did that just yesterday Found this bunch of ninepatches and decided to do something with them Will get it done today Also mad this entire fish quilt this week out of my stash Told DH that I might not by fabric for quite a while though--------Joanns has fat quarters on for 99 ceents each
    Attached Images Attached Images

that is exactly what I am doing. I am making hot pads, oven mitts, place mats and table runners for weddings. So far, I have been able to do the kitchen colors with my stash. I love when people are registered at Walmart, Target, and Bed, bath and beyond, because then I can find out kitchen colors.

Quote Originally Posted by jayelee
    Did that just yesterday Found this bunch of ninepatches and decided to do something with them Will get it done today Also mad this entire fish quilt this week out of my stash Told DH that I might not by fabric for quite a while though--------Joanns has fat quarters on for 99 ceents each
    O that's pretty !! Great Going :)

Blog Entries
    There is another on going challenge too :D:D:D

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-2938-1.htm

Blog Entries
    Here you go, I just started a thread about crumb quilts. Scroll down and you will find some links for instructions and also some links to see photos of crumb quilts (crumb quilts are using up your scraps to make cool scrappy quilts)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-69178-1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by cbridges22
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear

What is a crumb quilt?And if you have a pic please post.

I have been using some small pieces up for Chrstmas gifts here is a table topper and a portable ironing mat with pincushions that I am making for a couple of my quilting friends

Made with folded bowties & quickpinwheels
    Name:  Attachment-111742.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  73.1 KB

Cotton with iron cover fabric & 2 layers of cotton batting
    Name:  Attachment-111743.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  76.9 KB

I'm doing the Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt all from fabrics in my stash. This is the first time I've done anything scrappy and I'm having a hard time being spontaneous--I'm so anal I have to plan even the thread color!! I'm really enjoying it and finding fabrics I had forgotten about.

I have been "thinking" about making a SoDoKu quilt using some of my fat quarters.. just can't seem to decide on my 9 FQs to use though. A friend of mine made one out of blue and white and it was beautiful, and I have wanted to try one since seeing hers. I didn't want to go buy more fabric for one, other than sashing, border or backing though. This may be just what I need to push me into working on it... not that I need ANOTHER quilt project to start. LOL

I did this table topper, wallhanging, from my stash. I had seen this a as demo at my LQS and came home and dug the fabric out right away and made it before it escaped my mind.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just recently posted 3 soldier quilts, a wedding gift quilt and a quilt I donated for the "Relay for Life" all were from my stash.