Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   string quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/string-quilt-t4691.html)

luckyscraper 02-21-2008 12:19 PM

Thanks for opening the file. I am at work now and I could not get the darn thing to open.

Thanks for all of the advise. I was really shocked on how it turned out - You should have seen my husbands face with just the blocks and then when I added the black( you would have thought I was a genius)(not hardly).

Thanks Bunches Teri

kathy 02-21-2008 01:39 PM

now that my eyes are open :shock: I agree, it is beautiful!

barnbum 02-21-2008 02:06 PM

Very very pretty!! :D

Kyiav10 02-21-2008 06:08 PM

Wow!! This quilt is awesome. It is so bright and the black sets it off perfectly!!

Kyia

Rebecca Chambley 02-22-2008 04:17 AM

Beautiful quilt. I agree, dosen't need a sashing. I'd go with black binding. I do free motion quilting, and just a thought, but I'd meander it. The colors, speak for them selves. Maybe use a varigated thread for the free motion quilting. Of course you are a genuis to your husband. Let him keep thinking that. He'll listen to ya more,,LOL..........

Quilting Aggi 02-22-2008 04:47 AM

that is a really cool quilt!! What a great way to use up scraps of strips!! I have so many of those and always thinking of ways to use them up!! thanks for the idea and inspiration!

Cheers

Karen from FL 02-24-2008 02:33 PM

This is one gorgeous quilt. I love the black border and would suggest another, say in a floral or tone on tone in one of the colors, like red or green. I would like to see stitch in the ditch on this one. The design of the strings are so colorful and beautiful that any "fancy" stitching might take away from the pattern.

Karen in FL

in2stitchin 02-24-2008 02:40 PM

I love this technique and maybe after seeing yours, I will gather the nerve to try one myself. The black really makes your colors pop. I may try one with a deep purple to set the squares.

Great job!

sewbeeit42 02-25-2008 07:51 PM

It was like looking at my current project when I saw your string quilt. I am making scrappy quilts using the same pattern, but not including the sashing. I had been busy sewing squares when I took a break and saw yours.

A friend gave me a suggestion that I want to try. She used a Do-sew like product for her foundation so she could use a nice fabric for the center bar. She did a baby quilt and consistently put lavender in the center and pastels for the sew and flip pieces. She did this for color and so that her quality quilting fabric was not covered by the other pieces.

luckyscraper 02-26-2008 10:38 AM

[quote] She used a Do-sew like product for her foundation so she could use a nice fabric for the center bar. She did a baby quilt and consistently put lavender in the center and pastels for the sew and flip pieces. She did this for color and so that her quality quilting fabric was not covered by the other pieces.

That is a good idea. This was so very easy to do. I have started another smaller one.