Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Stunning Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/stunning-quilts-t210427.html)

Ukinusa 12-26-2018 05:29 PM

What a great idea, such a delight to see the beautiful quilts. I keep repeating the same words, “oh wow, oh wow “ :)

Ukinusa 12-26-2018 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure sure that it’s stunning but it’s one of my favorites. This was a pattern in an Australian quilt magazine and it was in two parts. I bought the first magazine and started the quilt but when I went back for the second part the store had decided not to carry that magazine anymore and I couldn’t find it anywhere else.
I emailed the magazine and they emailed me a couple of the border patterns but I had make up some parts of it from bits and pieces of the pattern. Started it a few years ago but only finished it this year, yes a long time UFO.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]605853[/ATTACH]

RJLinkletter 12-27-2018 12:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I’m not sure this is anywhere as stunning as some of the ones I have seen in here but this is my second full size quilt - it took me about 4 months. It is a paper pieced centre panel and then a mixture of blocks from different sources round the edge. It was also the first time I have tried QAYG - so lots of learning curves.

Teen 12-27-2018 03:55 PM

#352 & 353 are worthy of being described as stunning. Absolutely beautiful.... Both look like they required a lot of challenges in PP and applique. Well done!

petthefabric 12-28-2018 04:21 AM

Wow!!!!!!!!

hobbykat1955 12-28-2018 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by bailey (Post 5772079)
Not sure about stunning but I love this quilt because it is the first one I ever made that my son actually liked. He even asked for this one. Yoohoo!!!! It is a OBW that I added applique to.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386837[/ATTACH]

Yes, it's stunning!

hobbykat1955 12-28-2018 05:39 AM

My two

4 Attachment(s)
What I consider my best is a hydrangea wall hanging and Christmas applique where I used sewing machine decorative programmable stitches to enhance.

DDuMouchel 12-28-2018 07:42 AM

Ukinusa that is a stunner for sure! Well worth the time it took to finish.

oksewglad 12-28-2018 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ukinusa (Post 8182076)
Not sure sure that it’s stunning but it’s one of my favorites. This was a pattern in an Australian quilt magazine and it was in two parts. I bought the first magazine and started the quilt but when I went back for the second part the store had decided not to carry that magazine anymore and I couldn’t find it anywhere else.
I emailed the magazine and they emailed me a couple of the border patterns but I had make up some parts of it from bits and pieces of the pattern. Started it a few years ago but only finished it this year, yes a long time UFO.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]605853[/ATTACH]

Lovely...absolutely lovely!

Terricat 01-01-2019 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Neanie (Post 5772202)
This is the quilt that I am most proud of. I found the pattern on the internet and spent about three weeks putting it together. I quilted it myself on my domestic sewing machine with a stipple, matching thread colors. I love displaying it every Christmas season.

What is the name of this quilt pattern?? Very pretty pattern, and Excellent choices of fabrics