Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Stupid Sylvia (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/stupid-sylvia-t113074.html)

stitchinfrenzy 04-04-2011 07:32 AM

Totally awesome!! I have to keep many projects going at once because I get bored easily. I worked on my Jacobean applique about 7 years with a lot of projects in between including Dear Jane. I didn't get past 6 blocks before starting something else. I am in envy of anyone who can start and finish a project before starting something new!

jad1044 04-04-2011 07:58 AM

Fabulous, breathtaking, beautiful and so many more adjectives to explain the beauty and hard work that has gone into this quilt!! Congratulations for sticking to it and I'd say you have a masterpiece!!!

cmathena 04-04-2011 08:02 AM

OMG I am doing this quilt right now for dd33. She is getting married in October. I double the size of the blocks. It is a very challenging quilt. Your looks great!!! I hope mine looks half as good.

grann of 6 04-04-2011 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Cuilteanna
Over a year ago I decided to make a Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt from the book by Jennifer Chiaverini.

I've regretted that decision regularly, since I am a one-at-a-time quilter. That's why it earned its name, as many times in the last year I've said I would love to work on (whatever new project attracted me) except that "I have to finish that Stupid Sylvia quilt".

But finally I can call it DONE and move on to something smaller, easier, and a lot more fun. So why am I even glancing at the Dear Jane book??!

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!! I look at it and I see a pinwheel I would be capable of doing, and a 9 patch, and maybe a couple more. That would take ME a lifetime. Congrats :!: :thumbup:

GGrammie 04-04-2011 08:06 AM

Anna...
I've read all her books and love them...
I have the pattern and have often thought about tackling it, but remember in the book it took several quilter to do it.

I still have the book but not a quilt...

You've done a great and beautiful job. Love it.

dixiechunk 04-04-2011 08:09 AM

Not me! My very own fabric diet is not going so well. But then, neither is my other diet.

Originally Posted by RobinAnn
Wish I could somehow make myself do one at a time. I plan to spend the next year finishing ALL my UFOs and WIPs. No fabric purchases that will not finish these projects off. Are any of you holding your breathe?

dixiechunk 04-04-2011 08:09 AM

Not me! My very own fabric diet is not going so well. But then, neither is my other diet.

Originally Posted by RobinAnn
Wish I could somehow make myself do one at a time. I plan to spend the next year finishing ALL my UFOs and WIPs. No fabric purchases that will not finish these projects off. Are any of you holding your breathe?

lue 04-04-2011 08:11 AM

What is your avatar called? It's beautiful!

cowgirlquilter 04-04-2011 08:12 AM

Woweeeeeee! That is AMAZING!

pmintpat 04-04-2011 08:16 AM

I LOVE it.