Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Surprises from the girls :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/surprises-girls-t5320.html)

tlrnhi 03-17-2008 04:06 PM

If you'd like, PM me your address and I can send them each a post card from here. I'm pretty sure they have postcards. I'll have to take a ride down to Tumon, but I also think K-Mart sells them. They have and area for local kine stuff.

I'm usually the one that everyone contacts when kids are doing geography so they can get a postcard/picture. I don't mind doing it. I remember LONG, LONG ago, when I used to be penpals with people in other countries. Would love getting the letters and stamps.

signitwright 03-17-2008 04:09 PM

Great . I live in Tucson, Az. Hope they can find me. :D :D :D :D Auntie Pam

Courtepointe 03-17-2008 04:22 PM

Would they like something from Canada? In French? PM me if you think they would like that! I'd be happy to help out.
Courtepointe

Barb M 03-17-2008 04:31 PM

Oh, your birthday gifts are absolutely precious! And your little girls are even more precious!!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :) :) :)

jbsstrawberry 03-17-2008 04:37 PM

Thanks Barb!!!! :D

jbsstrawberry 03-17-2008 04:45 PM

Courtepointe that would be too cool!!

You all are the best!!!! :D

Quilting Aggi 03-18-2008 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
If you'd like, PM me your address and I can send them each a post card from here. I'm pretty sure they have postcards. I'll have to take a ride down to Tumon, but I also think K-Mart sells them. They have and area for local kine stuff.

I'm usually the one that everyone contacts when kids are doing geography so they can get a postcard/picture. I don't mind doing it. I remember LONG, LONG ago, when I used to be penpals with people in other countries. Would love getting the letters and stamps.

Thrnhi
when I was in my late teens/early twenties, I had upwards to 20 penpals from all over the world.. there was no email or Internet back then and it was all handwriting!! I loved it and enjoyed learning about my friends countries and cultures.. I remember one of things we loved to do was exchange our favourite candies and junk food!!! I received the best candy from Japan, Turkey, England, Yugoslavia and soooooooo many more interesting places

I think the Geography lesson would be alot of fun for your girls jbs!!! Don't forget to show them St. John's, Newfoundland!!! I'm sending hugs to them from here!

Celeste 03-19-2008 01:28 AM

Add San Jose, California! I can send pretty postcards of the Golden Gate Bridge . .

jbsstrawberry 03-19-2008 08:05 AM

Wow...thanks ladies!!!! They are sooo excited and are planning where they are going to display their postcards :D. Y'all are just the greatest group of folks!

BDor 03-19-2008 08:23 AM

Jasming & Alicia,

You two are great!!!! Your Mommy is very lucky to have you. You did a wonderful job making those presents and I just know when you grow up you will make very special Mommies yourself.

I live in Mississippi and all I have are grandsons so I sure could use 2 granddaughters and I think you two would be perfect.

MaMaw Beverly