Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   To swap or not to swap advice needed(pictures included) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/swap-not-swap-advice-needed-pictures-included-t68838.html)

nikki128 10-07-2010 06:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi All-

I need some advice. I was working on a wall hanging for the October secret swap. Well it did not turn out as nice as I had hoped. Please take a look and see if you think I should just keep it and buy something for the swap. I appreciate your advice.I did not stitch the binding onthe front yet so I can play with it a bit yet.

Would you be disappointed if you got something like this? I don't want to impose my inferior quilting on anyone.

Thanks

mom-6 10-07-2010 06:58 AM

I think it's cute as can be! I don't do machine quilting and am in awe of those who are more adventurous than I am.

nikki128 10-07-2010 06:59 AM

Thanks mom. I just hear those horror stories about quilters who are so disappointed that they did a swap and got inferior work. I am still new and working out kinks in my projects. Don't want to offend anyone.

ccb2200 10-07-2010 07:00 AM

I like it. I think whoever will get it will love it.

newquiltmama 10-07-2010 07:07 AM

I am a new quilter and also have been participating in those swaps too. I love it, so cute! I would love it if I were to get one. Great job.

Charlee 10-07-2010 07:11 AM

There is nothing inferior about something crafted with love and good intentions! If I was involved in the swap, I'd be honored to get this!!! I think it's adorable!

nikki128 10-07-2010 07:13 AM

Thank you everyone. I unpinned this and put it to the side until I figure out how to make it straighter so I can live with it .

CajunQuilter2 10-07-2010 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
There is nothing inferior about something crafted with love and good intentions! If I was involved in the swap, I'd be honored to get this!!! I think it's adorable!

I agree with Charlee. I have been in several doll quilt swaps and have NEVER been dissapointed in any quilt I have received. So I say SEND IT.

ckcowl 10-07-2010 07:26 AM

i hate to think any of us would not be thrilled to receive your little wall hanging. i don't know of any of us who receive something so special from a fellow quilter and then complain it's not good enough! we all know that we are at various stages of ability and we participate in these programs to learn new thing and stretch our abilities. we do not pick apart someones attempt (well, unless someone says...i did this wrong...how do i fix it maybe) i think we are bad enough on our own criticizing our own work, we only praise the work of others! :) finish your binding and mark it off your list...another accomplished!

nikki128 10-07-2010 07:30 AM

Thank you all for making me feel better. I'm going to set a goal of tomorrow morning to be finished with this. I am working from 2-8 today. so, I have between now and 2 and then an hour or so in the morning to finish it. I have not heard such stories of disappointment here. However, I have heard them on other boards.

Thanks again. I look forward to these swaps so much :)