Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   SWAP PICTURES of May DOTEE DOLLS (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/swap-pictures-may-dotee-dolls-t19439.html)

ButtercreamCakeArtist 05-15-2009 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Darlene
[IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...y/000_0243.jpg[/IMG]
I received my sweet doll from Dorothy of Kansas and she is so pretty and has jewels on her dress. Her name is Sparkle
Thanks so much I will take care of her. I also received a book thong and a really pretty fq

Darlene

Very pretty! Is that hot fix crystals?! ;) I do love all the beads!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 05-15-2009 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by barbsbus

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Has everyone received their dolls? I'm worried since Barbsbus hasn't received hers.

I got two dolls in the mail today. They are so cute. I love the extra fat quartes and the charms that came with the little school girl. I think I am going to make the charms into earrings to wear when I go to guild meetings. Thanks everyone.

Ninnie

Both of these cuties are adorable! I do like the charms on the hanger and tail. Cute idea. NOW, I want to know where the charms came from! I've been snooping for some simliar charms for an anklet or a bracelet! I do handmade jewelry and would love to get my hands on some of these for when things settle down a bit, here.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 05-15-2009 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by leona07
Here are my little darlings!!!! Tirnhi said hers weren't any good, she is such a silly goose!!!

Thank you ladies!!! I love the dolls and the wonderful fabrics, so pretty!!!

Cuties! CUTIES!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 05-15-2009 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by quiltwoman
Look at the cutie pie that arrived at my door today!

Thanks Quilt4U!

What a cute little smiling face!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 05-15-2009 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Yomousey
I got my doll today from Quilt4u, I love her! I have named her Baby Flora. I think she is sooo cute, and I love the buttons!

Thanks Deb!

What a cutie! Check out that TAIL! :D

ButtercreamCakeArtist 05-15-2009 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by PamH
I received a very special dotee from my dear friend Julie (quiltwoman) today. Look at the beautiful face my little sweetie has.
Julie thank you soooooo much. She is perfect!!!!
Hugs Pam

What work! I cannot believe some of the amazing dolls on here...although, they are all amazing!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 05-15-2009 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by LindaR
OK 3rd try....I will try and post them one at a time....d....n dial-up network LOL....anyway girls love them

OH! Beautiful! I do understand the hold on the hair, now! Great work. Leona!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 05-15-2009 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by LindaR
well we will try a 4th time....this is Doris dotee and she came from quiltwoman....she is a cutie with her yellow flower. Maui Wowi Mary came from Leona. Well worth waiting for...love them guys

How cute is that! These dolls continue to amaze me!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 05-15-2009 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by PamH
Here is my little darling that was sent by Leona. Her name is Hawaiian Hula Heidi. Camilla, my 3 year old GD was here when the mail came so she promptly swept up my doll and she was given plenty of love and many rides in the doll stroller. :lol:

Leona thank you so much she is so cute you did a great job on her.

I can't tell which doll is the cutest in this pic!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 05-15-2009 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by leona07
Pam, your granddaughter is just too adorable!!! I am glad she likes the doll!!

Linda, I do LOVE the hair. It was worth the long wait to get it in the mail!! I just couldn't send them without the hair. I think it completes the Hawaiian theme. I don't know why Hawaiian Hula girls popped into my head when I was making these, but it did and they were really fun to make!! It was hard to give them away, but I have extra materials left over so I will make one for myself too : )

I had a hard time finding doll hair so, for anyone looking for doll hair....The hair is from crafts4me.com. The style I used was the straight black viscose. They have other colors and they also have curly hair. It was about $4 a yard, which I think is cheap! A yard of hair is a lot!!!!!!!

Leona, your dolls are excellent. I do see why you waited for the hair! Yup, a yard of doll hair would be quite a lot! Now, you'll have plenty for next time and no wait LOL!