Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Tan & blue Navajo (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/tan-blue-navajo-t34929.html)

Barb_MO 03-07-2010 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Terryl
"Mommie" I love this, it's absolutely beautiful. Please help your adopted newbie make one :D

Ok, if this is what you want for your first project we will work on it. Let me see if I have this in another color to give you more ideas on selection of fabrics.

I don't get emails of new postings, so you might need to PM me if you post something especially for me to see....or I might not see it.

Terryl 03-08-2010 07:51 AM

Could I use your regular e-mail? When you're ready if you get my supply list to me, and cutting instructions, I could get started. Barb I'm so excited to learn from you, I hope I catch on quickly.

Barb_MO 03-08-2010 12:18 PM

Terry, you can send me regular emails. when we ge started on something definate I will get a posting started so the group can see your progress.

Quilter2B 03-08-2010 12:37 PM

Very pretty! What size are your strips? I'm in the middle of a scrappy one; didn't think to make the strips bigger than 2 1/2" - ugh

Barb_MO 03-08-2010 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter2B
Very pretty! What size are your strips? I'm in the middle of a scrappy one; didn't think to make the strips bigger than 2 1/2" - ugh

The size of these atripsare 4/12 and then the sub cuts are 2 1/2

Rainbow 03-08-2010 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Barb_MO

please...rephrase this last sentence, please. I do not understand.

Barb_MO 03-09-2010 07:49 AM

I've been thinking about this statement this morning...but not regarding my typing . Re the size of the strips. you can cut the strips 4 1/2 to piece your panels. then cut those panels into strips 2 1/2 in wide.Then you would sew the 2 1/2 in strips together and you would be constructing your top from left to right across the quilt.
Or, you can cut the strips 2 1/2 in. to sew into panels. then cut the pane into strips 4 1/2 in. wide. constructing the top from left to right, starting a the bottom, working up the length of the quilt.

I hope this is correct...My memory isn't what it used to be and it had been a long time since I made one of these.

Originally Posted by Rainbow

Rainbow 03-09-2010 09:45 AM

THANK YOU !!!! ALL CLEAR HERE. Thank you for taking the time for answering.

I've been thinking about this statement this morning...but not regarding my typing . Re the size of the strips. you can cut the strips 4 1/2 to piece your panels. then cut those panels into strips 2 1/2 in wide.Then you would sew the 2 1/2 in strips together and you would be constructing your top from left to right across the quilt.
Or, you can cut the strips 2 1/2 in. to sew into panels. then cut the pane into strips 4 1/2 in. wide. constructing the top from left to right, starting a the bottom, working up the length of the quilt.

I hope this is correct...My memory isn't what it used to be and it had been a long time since I made one of these.

Originally Posted by Rainbow