Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   too pretty? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/too-pretty-t90922.html)

JanTx 01-15-2011 08:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just got through doing a bright yellow/blue ducky quilt and this one now seems very bland.....

The recipient is pregnant with a baby girl - her other children are 3 boys ages 21, 17, and 14. Wow, right? So I wanted girly, girly, but ... now, not so sure.

The three strips at the front are the planned borders. I know you'll all be supportive and nice, but ... what do you REALLY think???

solid looking pink is dotted
[ATTACH=CONFIG]161166[/ATTACH]

4 patches are all headed same direction - other suggestions?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]161167[/ATTACH]

isnthatodd 01-15-2011 08:07 PM

Maybe a slightly darker pink for the border strip. Otherwise, it looks very sweet, and with 3 big brothers, she may need some really girly touches.

purplemem 01-15-2011 08:07 PM

I think it's beautiful but it needs a POP! Could you add hot pink sashing? Or fuschia? or applique flowers?

Just an idea...

Prism99 01-15-2011 08:09 PM

I think a darker green would create more liveliness. Adding some hot pink sounds good too......

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 01-15-2011 08:09 PM

I think it is VERY pretty, especially for a brand new baby girl. Very sweet.

Jill 01-15-2011 08:10 PM

I agree it needs something to make it pop, perhaps hot pink or a darker green. I made my GD a baby quilt last year and after two GSs I was so anxious to make something girlie. I used pale colors of pink and yellow and ended up donating it and making another because I had not added a darker color.

quiltgrammyt2 01-15-2011 08:14 PM

I LOVE IT!!!
It looks very girly and Ilike it that way. :thumbup: JMHO
I would bind it with the green.

M.I.Late 01-15-2011 08:15 PM

It's so funny to me how most quilters believe every quilt needs to "pop". I have to admit, I'm just not one of them. I love that it's very soft and feminine just the way it is. I have to tell you, the only thing I would do is add a white very narrow strip all the way around it to separate the borders from the quilt. So the green isn't next to the green, etc. A narrow white strip as the first border is all I would change. I would bind it with that precious pink with the tiny dot. I adore it, soft and feminine with out any pop...
Gayle

quiltgrammyt2 01-15-2011 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by M.I.Late
It's so funny to me how most quilters believe every quilt needs to "pop". I have to admit, I'm just not one of them. I love that it's very soft and feminine just the way it is. I have to tell you, the only thing I would do is add a white very narrow strip all the way around it to separate the borders from the quilt. So the green isn't next to the green, etc. A narrow white strip as the first border is all I would change. I would bind it with that precious pink with the tiny dot. I adore it, soft and feminine with out any pop...
Gayle

:thumbup: :thumbup:

mmonohon 01-15-2011 08:18 PM

I really like it. It is very calming, which can be great for the baby.