Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   It took me 45 minutes to make a 10 minute block! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/took-me-45-minutes-make-10-minute-block-t124903.html)

I wonder 05-23-2011 08:04 AM

I love your fabric! I think 45 minutes would be much faster than I could do it! I struggle with reading patterns!

greaterexp 05-23-2011 08:14 AM

By all means, stay out of bed! This is darling!

klgreene 05-23-2011 08:16 AM

It may have taken 45 min. but it turned out great, and I love the fresh green and white. And I bet your next quilt block will go faster, and you'll get to the point you are doing it even faster than 10 min. Once the fabric is cut, you can roll through them. Is this one for you or are you still working on those 30 quilts?

cjomomma 05-23-2011 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Robinmg
Love the block. Looks like you shopped at WalMart. I have the same fabric. I also got the blues, pinks, and purples.

The only color I didn't get was the blues. Right now WM has them marked down to $2.00/yd.

cjomomma 05-23-2011 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene
It may have taken 45 min. but it turned out great, and I love the fresh green and white. And I bet your next quilt block will go faster, and you'll get to the point you are doing it even faster than 10 min. Once the fabric is cut, you can roll through them. Is this one for you or are you still working on those 30 quilts?

I needed a break from the charity quilts so I thought I would give this a try. It doesnt have an owner yet. LOL!

cowgirlquilter 05-23-2011 08:22 AM

The first time I made one, it took me that long, as well. It seemed that I had forgotten to pin during the one little step.....and that was the difference... :oops:
Now that I know what to expect, I am working much more quickly.
By thw way, I think your fabrics are great....sunny and bright.....

Sharonsews 05-23-2011 08:24 AM

I love your butterfly material! Just like anything else, sometimes it takes a few to make to get it down pat.

true4uca 05-23-2011 08:38 AM

cj, I just love your fabric choices. Keep going, it will go faster. My first three blocks went pretty much the same as yours, rippit rippit alot for me. It went faster when I stuck with it.After my first block I put it away for a week, so then it was like starting new each time. It will be so worth the effort.

IDquilter 05-23-2011 08:51 AM

I like block pattern and I know what you mean and feel. I made a 10 min. table runner 'once', it took me 2 hours.

Bjbaxter 05-23-2011 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a good morning for me to try something new. If it could go wrong then went wrong. I lost count of how many times I had to take the seams out. Over and over and over again!
Not sure if I like the 10 minute block or not.
I was really hoping that these fabric prints would make a nice 10 minute block quilt. I will have to think about it.
:? :? :?

Thank you for looking.

I had the same problem, but it got better as I made more. I like your colors.