Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Top done, but odd size? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/top-done-but-odd-size-t206658.html)

quiltmom04 11-23-2012 11:51 AM

What did you intend it for? If it was specifically for a bed, you'll have to add some. But if it was just a throw- which is a great size for a good, cozy throw, I think it's fine!

paulswalia 11-23-2012 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5673117)
It is beautiful! If you don't have anymore of the fabric, I think I would remove a row of four and add three squares to the bottom. That will leave one square for a pillow and I would add a narrow black border and binding. Is it just my screen but the right bottom corner square looks a little different colour? I would put that one in a pillow.

Tartan has expressed just what I was thinking.......there's nothing wrong with a square quilt, but most uses in my life are rectangular, ie bed shape or napping on the couch. So I tend to make rectangular quilts, even tho the pattern is for a square. And I agree about the coloring in the bottom right block.

BMP 11-23-2012 03:16 PM

It is beautiful! If you don't have anymore of the fabric, I think I would remove a row of four and add three squares to the bottom. That will leave one square for a pillow and I would add a narrow black border and binding. Is it just my screen but the right bottom corner square looks a little different colour? I would put that one in a pillow.

Thats what I would do also, I never make square quilts......

charlottemarie 11-23-2012 06:36 PM

It would make a lovely wallhanging.

My time 11-24-2012 12:51 AM

I concur a black border would work if you want it larger. Otherwise what wrong with an odd size quilt? Love your Fasset fabric by the way. Your quilt's great.

kittiebug 11-24-2012 04:11 AM

Very nice,love your colors..

jpmaroni 11-24-2012 04:27 AM

Wow, my favorite kind of quilt! Simple black border and Viola! Thanks for sharing.

lizzy 11-24-2012 04:57 AM

I love bright colors.This is beautiful. I have had the same problem as you. I would finish the quilt as it and use it with pleasure on a sofa or just across a bed if you need a splash of color in a bedroom. If you decide to add black borders, make the quilt longer than it is wide. That may give it a more pleasing look to you. I love it.

grann of 6 11-24-2012 05:21 AM

This was exactly my thought too. Whenever I see a design for a square quilt, I always plan on adding another row or two to make it a quilt shape, because square just doesn't fit into my "mental images" of a quilt, if you can understand that.

deedum 11-24-2012 05:25 AM

Agree with this post. It is a great quilt whatever you do!