Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Tube quilt block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/tube-quilt-block-t120631.html)

Homespun 05-03-2011 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Should I mix up the colors? I'm thinking not having the purple on the outside all the time. Maybe every third block and move around the yellow and green...

Rose Cactus 05-03-2011 05:58 PM

I like it. Just have fun with it.

0tis 05-03-2011 06:06 PM

Great colors - I would do the same and mix up the yellow/green.

QuiltE 05-03-2011 06:07 PM

That's going to be a "fun" quilt to make ... every time you work with it, you'll be bound to be happy!!

When the corners come together the four pieces are going to give you a purple square on point. I think it'd be nice ... and help frame up the green and yellow.

Though if that's not the look you want ... then, perhaps you want to switch the colours around or add an 4th colour?

Qbee 05-03-2011 06:09 PM

OMGosh....I really like that block! Can I ask what the name of the block is and is it hard??

Homespun 05-03-2011 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
That's going to be a "fun" quilt to make ... every time you work with it, you'll be bound to be happy!!

When the corners come together the four pieces are going to give you a purple square on point. I think it'd be nice ... and help frame up the green and yellow.

Though if that's not the look you want ... then, perhaps you want to switch the colours around or add an 4th colour?

I think I will make a few more just like this and lay them out and take a look. Thanks. Don't want to add a 4th. My DGD asked for these 3 colors. : )

Homespun 05-03-2011 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
OMGosh....I really like that block! Can I ask what the name of the block is and is it hard??

It is a tube quilt block. Search on this board for tube quilt and you will find how to do it. It really isn't hard. I did get the 4 parts sewn wrong and had to take out the stitches and be very careful how I sewed them together. Won't make that mistake again! Ha! The purple is a 6 1/2 inches wide strip and I cut the other two 3 1/2 so when I sewed them I would have 6 1/2 ". Then you just cut triangles.

QuiltE 05-03-2011 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Homespun

I think I will make a few more just like this and lay them out and take a look. Thanks. Don't want to add a 4th. My DGD asked for these 3 colors. : )

Absolutely ... keep to DGDs plan!
The four purples together would give you a nice block of colour to do some fancy quilting!

QuiltE 05-03-2011 06:14 PM

<--------- another tube quilt project!

Homespun 05-03-2011 06:17 PM

<--------- another tube quilt project!

How did you get those lines? Can I see a bigger pic of this?