Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Two CO gals go nuts over bolts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/two-co-gals-go-nuts-over-bolts-t34754.html)

dglvr 01-22-2010 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Boxer mom
Enjoyed meeting Karla and her hubby and the food was great.

I felt like a kid in a candy store. Ok, so I went a little over board, but I had fun. I got some material to go with others I already had and yes even found the one I have been looking for. I can now complete my mother-in-laws quilt. I even got a great edging to finish it off. Thank s Karla for turning me on to theis store.

Below are pics of the material from our adventure today and some are with the mmatching material I bought them to go with.

You'd be a bad influence on me if I went shopping with you.
Wow. I do love your fabrics. Glad you guys had fun.
:thumbup:

BKinCO 01-23-2010 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny

Originally Posted by BKinCO
Awww, man! I'm in CO too!! I wanted to come :)

C'mon up! :D We're Woodland Park, "the city above the clouds", so when you're socked in below, come up and enjoy our sunshine, good eats and great quilt shop.

Karla in CO

Don't I wish.....I'm way over here in Grand Junction :cry: But, doggone it, next time I make it to the Front Range I'm callin ya up!

RedGarnet222 01-23-2010 09:54 AM

It is very nice of you to post pictures of your outing. How fun to "see" you having fun at the fabric store.

Quiltgranny 01-23-2010 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO

Don't I wish.....I'm way over here in Grand Junction :cry: But, doggone it, next time I make it to the Front Range I'm callin ya up!

Just PM me before your next visit over here. We'll do it up right, and have fun in the process!!

:D

Karla

amma 01-29-2010 04:08 PM

Thank you for sharing your day at the LQS with us :D:D:D
It IS awesome to meet up with other board members :D:D:D

Quiltgranny 01-29-2010 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Thank you for sharing your day at the LQS with us :D:D:D
It IS awesome to meet up with other board members :D:D:D

You're welcome. My pleasure. It IS wonderful to meet other members and quilters. Participating on this board is wonderful, learning so much is so helpful, but getting to actually meet someone, now, that's priceless! :-D

Maride 01-29-2010 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Boxer mom
Ok, so here is everybody's mission if you choose to accept.

I now need a pattern for the African one, I would like for it to show off the African material the most. Here is how much there is...
African - almost 3 yrds
Diamonds - 2 yards
All the rest 1 yrd each.

Good luck, I will be looking threw the possible hundred or so patterns I have also.

I love the African fabrics. I have a small collection, but none like those. I specially like the masks one. Can not help much with a pattern to combine them, but I do have a suggestion. Do you thing the masks will show better on a quilt if matched with a solid like black, gold or even the orange bertween the mask?

Maybe a square within a square, with the center rather large to show the masks, a solid narrow border and a wider border with the other fabrics. That will define where the masks fabric ends.

Just an idea to consider.

Maria

tlrnhi 01-29-2010 05:13 PM

Isn't it great to finally put a face to a name?
Gotta love it!
The fabric is awesome!

Jeanclark 01-29-2010 05:22 PM

I'm glad you had a good time.

Boston1954 01-29-2010 07:57 PM

Oh, that sounds wonderful!! I would love to have someone in the group close enough to meet. My sis lives next door, but I want to meet a new person. It looks like you had a great time and the fabrics are great!