Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Two embroidery projects ... ready to finish (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/two-embroidery-projects-ready-finish-t21751.html)

kluedesigns 06-24-2009 06:13 PM

its stunning - you're handwork is perfect!

RedGarnet222 06-24-2009 06:30 PM

I really wish the red thread didn't show though to the front so much. It is good quality muslin, I guess it is just so dark, it is just gonna do that.

Thank you so very much for looking at my projects I enjoy showing them off to you girls here. It is so wonderful to show someone who really knows what they are looking at. You ladies are all such artists in your own rights. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sweet comments.

nana2 06-24-2009 06:33 PM

This brings back a lot of memories of making pillow cases from flour sacks. Even though the pillow cases had humble beginnings, they were decorated with embroidery work to make them more acceptable. These were the kind of things kids worked on in the summer when they had to come in out of the heat. Thanks for sharing.

Ninnie 06-24-2009 06:35 PM

I love redwork and yours are Beautiful! :D

littlehud 06-24-2009 06:39 PM

Those are so cute. You do wonderful work.

Ducky 06-24-2009 06:46 PM

Red, you do such a precise, beautiful job! I love the patterns you have. Were they iron on or preprinted? Just so pretty. I have a few blackwork books, and I had fully anticipated doing something with them until I rediscovered quilting. I just can't get as excited about hand stitching. I do have four Nora Corbett flower counted cross stitch fairies that I want to do when I'm "idle". Have you seen them? They are beautiful. I love seeing any embroidery, so thanks for sharing. Now we need to have a stitching party in your back yard with all your flowers. You know, Colorado "ain't" that far from Nevada..... :twisted: :twisted:

RedGarnet222 06-24-2009 07:24 PM

Thanks everyone you so sweet! i just love hearing your positive feedback.

Ducky ... I ironed on the good morning good night ones. But, the other one is hand traced on from the original paper. I haven't seen that designer. I will have to check out her work. Sounds beautiful.
I used to do the counted cross stitch, but I don't anymore. I am so slow at it. I only have one that I might do, but it is highly unlikely that I will.

You will have to show us how far you have gotten on it sometime.

jbsstrawberry 06-24-2009 08:12 PM

Those are FANTASTIC!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE embroidery...especially Red Work!!

SulaBug 06-24-2009 11:11 PM

Your embroidery work is wonderful!! :D
I just love all of it. I have a new pattern
from Crab Apple Hill, for a quilt with some
embroidered blocks & some print fabric blocks.
Don't you just love their patterns? :D
Sulabug,
:D :D :D

gaigai 06-24-2009 11:55 PM

Beautiful! Sure to be treasured heirlooms!