Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Uncle Harveys cows & tractor.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/uncle-harveys-cows-tractor-t243985.html)

EmiliasNana 03-28-2014 07:05 AM

What a lovely and thoughtful gesture of love. I love the cow pillows. You were very creative in your use of the shirts, and any farmer would love the tractor. Great job.

Ellen 1 03-28-2014 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Ellageo (Post 6646640)
I made this lap quilt for my Uncle Harvey. He has alzheimers now, but his health & attitude are good. He has been a farmer all his life. He loved his cows & his tractor. My aunt gave me 3 of his shirts, so I made the pillows & lap quilt for him. Hopefully he will recognize what they represent, things he loves. I want to tie this quilt, it seems that's what it needs..then off to Uncle Harvey!

Ellageo, This is the cutest idea I have seen in a long time. Love, love, love the cow pillows!! I will think of this and Uncle Harvey often. Ellen

JanieH 03-28-2014 07:33 AM

Your quilt is great and I know he and your aunt will appreciate it. Love that you used some of his shirts in it!

pinebeltquilter 03-28-2014 08:23 AM

How cute!!!

joyful1 03-28-2014 08:48 AM

You did a wonderful job on these, he is really going to love them!!!!

MargeD 03-28-2014 09:05 AM

I'm sure he will remember at least from time to time the cows and farming. I grew up on a farm and we had orange Allis Chalmers tractors. What a thoughtful thing to do.

MargeD 03-28-2014 09:07 AM

Your comment brought back fond memories for me. I grew up on a farm in rural SD and both of our tractors were Allis Chalmers. Thanks for the memory.

Letty 03-28-2014 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ellageo (Post 6646640)
I made this lap quilt for my Uncle Harvey. He has alzheimers now, but his health & attitude are good. He has been a farmer all his life. He loved his cows & his tractor. My aunt gave me 3 of his shirts, so I made the pillows & lap quilt for him. Hopefully he will recognize what they represent, things he loves. I want to tie this quilt, it seems that's what it needs..then off to Uncle Harvey!

Bless you Ellageo,a wonderful gift for your uncle.Alzheimers is such a dreadful thing to experience and so many don't understand haow important memories are to those who suffer,you are a blessing to your uncle.Letty x

farmquilter 03-28-2014 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ellageo (Post 6647303)
Uncle Harveys trator is a Kubota! Hence Kubota orange. The tractor pattern is from Lori Holts 'Quilty Barn Along', the cows, are from Debbie Mum-Baby Bovines.

I thought the baby cows looked familiar, made a quilt a very long time ago with them. The shirts are perfect in the quilt, hope it will last a long time creating memories for Uncle Harvey.

paula.d123 03-28-2014 12:29 PM

Beautiful job!!! Very sweet gesture, Uncle Harvey will love it!!! Probably will bring tears to your Aunts eyes.