Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Underground Railroad Quilt Top (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/underground-railroad-quilt-top-t25502.html)

dltaylor 09-16-2010 11:51 AM

That's beautiful. I have mine Underground Railroad cut out, but haven't got any further than that. Waiting for the long cold winter to sit down and piece it together.

rootyr 09-16-2010 12:26 PM

Very beautiful!

quilter1962 09-17-2010 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Deara

Originally Posted by quilter1962
Its a real beauty I love it Dera - you did a wonderful job. I like your DH adore anything CW related.

I purchased E Burns book about 2 years ago & still haven't attempted to make any of the blocks, however I did do the Pioneer BOM here on the board about 12 months ago. I am now in the process of pulling it all together with borders & sashings.
If you want to see a pictures of all of my blocks just give me a nudge.

Sandi lol

Nudge accepted - here are my Pioneer BOM blocks from off of the QB here

Hope you likey !!!!!!

Tisha

Hello Tisha,
Here's your nudge. I would love to see all your blocks. I love the Pioneer BOM. I have several quilt books with different Sampler blocks I want to do.

Blessings to you,
Sandi

Pioneer BOM x 12
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95011[/ATTACH]

quilter1962 09-17-2010 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
From a slightly different angle.

Pioneer BOM x 12
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95012[/ATTACH]

Deara 09-17-2010 01:04 PM

Tisha,
I love your blocks.
The colors you chose blended well all the way around, so vintage looking.

Yup, I will be doing a Sampler quilt this Winter.
I have enough in my stash to probably make two. lol
Like the rest of us do, more stash than time to use it all up.

Blessings to you,
Sandi

quilter1962 09-17-2010 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Deara
Tisha,
I love your blocks.
The colors you chose blended well all the way around, so vintage looking.

Yup, I will be doing a Sampler quilt this Winter.
I have enough in my stash to probably make two. lol
Like the rest of us do, more stash than time to use it all up.

Blessings to you,
Sandi

Ahhhhh Sandi

You've got me in fits in relation to having far too much fabric than time. I am like that with all of my books & yet I still buy more !!!!

So pleased you approve of my blocks I have a beautiful mid brown star fabric to use around each block & then a green & beige fabric for the sashing both CW of course- wish me luck

:roll: :lol:

maggie2122 09-17-2010 01:27 PM

Lovely quilt.

Deara 09-17-2010 01:34 PM

Ahhhhh Sandi

You've got me in fits in relation to having far too much fabric than time. I am like that with all of my books & yet I still buy more !!!!

So pleased you approve of my blocks I have a beautiful mid brown star fabric to use around each block & then a green & beige fabric for the sashing both CW of course- wish me luck

:roll: :lol:[/quote]

You won't need luck. You are blessed with talent and I am looking forward to seeing the finished top. Your color choice sounds like a great blending once again for bordering the blocks and the sashing.
Happy sewing.
Sandi

QUILTNMO 09-17-2010 03:49 PM

wow you did a great job and i love the backing just perfect keep up the great work