Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Vintage quilt top #6 made into a quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/vintage-quilt-top-6-made-into-quilt-t46457.html)

Gerbie 05-23-2010 09:46 AM

Yes, don't you wonder what these dear ladies did, I assume so many passed their little spare time with quilting, and they all knew how to sew it seems.

RedGarnet222 05-23-2010 10:29 AM

Eddie,
There is no stopping you now. You are well on the way to being famous.

gingerella 05-23-2010 10:32 AM

Love your avatar !! Carolina Wren??

gingerella 05-23-2010 10:35 AM

Sorry - last note from me re: avatar was for MaryAnna. I'm a birder as well as a quilter.

Eddie 05-23-2010 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by sash
Eddie, how do you pantograph? Thanks. Forgot to say that I really like all your quilts; you do a fantastic job.

I use a pantograph pattern stretched across the back bed of the machine and just follow it with the laser stylus. Very easy, all you have to do is trace the pattern and the machine follows it.

omak 05-23-2010 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie

Eddie, how do you pantograph? Thanks. Forgot to say that I really like all your quilts; you do a fantastic job.

I use a pantograph pattern stretched across the back bed of the machine and just follow it with the laser stylus. Very easy, all you have to do is trace the pattern and the machine follows it.

I have control issues (end of confession! <g>) ... I have never used the pantographs with my system because I can't rely on my regulator to actually do what it proports to do, so my question to you is:
I understand you do not have a regulator ... how do you keep the stitches fairly equal, get used to the pattern and NOT start moving faster? <wave>

Eddie 05-23-2010 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by omak

Originally Posted by Eddie

I have control issues (end of confession! <g>) ... I have never used the pantographs with my system because I can't rely on my regulator to actually do what it proports to do, so my question to you is:
I understand you do not have a regulator ... how do you keep the stitches fairly equal, get used to the pattern and NOT start moving faster? <wave>

It's a mind over matter thing, kind of. And does take practice. Once you get "in the groove" with it you just get to where you have a fluid motion and rhythm. It's important not to pause in the points of whatever pattern you're doing, and also important not to get going to fast on the straightaways. But once you get the feel for it, it's actually pretty easy to stay consistent with your flow.

omak 05-23-2010 06:42 PM

Well, thank you for that input!
I may have to break down and just try those little accessories <g> <wave> (You would think that someone with "control issues" wouldn't have to be told these things, wouldn't you? - - I guess my control thing really only kicks in with people <g>)

Jim's Gem 05-23-2010 07:27 PM

Looks beautiful Eddie!!

kd124 06-08-2010 10:25 PM

Love the quilting pattern. It really looks great with this quilt.