Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Walmart Clearance Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/walmart-clearance-fabric-t192602.html)

cminor 06-23-2012 02:34 PM

Walmart Clearance Fabric

1 Attachment(s)
My Walmart not only has fabric - but now has 2 bins of clearance fabric. I know. .there are many many opinions on "Walmart Fabric". I for one - love it.

Their prices are going up as most fabric is but I saw today that they are getting new lines in at $2.50 a yard. I am just thrilled!!!!

My birthday was just the other day - and on my wish list was of course the clearance fabric. I got quite a bit from my daugher and even more from my husband. All in all it was 2 yards of 28 different patterns. Most was $2.00 a yard and many at only $1.00 per yard. I love love love clearance - and the best part is that although there are many substandard yards on sale I am completly confident that what I got is good quality. Don't get me wrong - I know that Quilt Store fabric at $12.00 a yard is different than what I have and I don't mean to compare. I only mean that the stuff I have gotten from Walmart - is just as nice in my opionion as anything at Joanns.

Keep an eye out at your local store - you never know what you might find. The stuff I got from my husband was only about $33.00 and would have been far more than $120.00 had it not been clearance. Some of what I got was originally on the shelf months ago at $6.97 per yard.

Needless to say - it was a very happy birthday :)

slk350 06-23-2012 03:03 PM

Nice fabrics, I for one like most of their fabrics. Some of it is iffy. But when you see the regular price on the clearance bolt you can usually tell if the quality is good. I always check clearance fabric at Walmart nad Joann's. Happy sewing

krabadan 06-23-2012 03:10 PM

I'm a fan of Walmart fabric too

Hueysmom 06-23-2012 03:21 PM

Happy Birthday! WalMart fabric is great! I just hit the clearance shelfs last night. Let us see your creations in the future.

laceybritt 06-23-2012 03:25 PM

I have found quality fabrics at Walmart - and some not so quality lol! I also purchased some red fabric at a quilt shop and never could get it to stop bleeding. I was on a trip so I can't return it!

Happy bday and enjoy!!

Diane007 06-23-2012 03:29 PM

You are lucky to have a Wal mart with fabric

joobee 06-23-2012 03:37 PM

If I see a fabric at Walmart I like, I buy it. No fabric snobbery at this house. If it feels good to the touch, is woven tight and I can't see my hand thru it, it goes home with me.

Looks like you got a wonder selection at a great price!

Helen S 06-23-2012 03:39 PM

I hope you had a happy birthday!

It looks like you got a pretty good assortment of colors and prints!

Many Walmart fabrics are ok if you wash and dry them first, then starch them before cutting. When they are dried they tend to "shrink", bringing the fibers closer together so you get a little better "quality" that way. I wash and dry all my fabric first, anyway, then iron and starch it before cutting. They do have some that are closer to a cheesecloth weave so I stay away from those if I do buy there.

QUILTNMO 06-23-2012 03:41 PM

i buy alot of wal-mart fabric especially on sale for 1.00 i use for charity yours is very nice!!!!!

BrendaK 06-23-2012 03:47 PM

Happy Happy Birthday. Sounds like yours was a good one. Pretty colors and prints. I also have purchased some good yardage there and some not so good. Just have to be free with your hands. Happy quilting. BrendaK