Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   We all have them and you know you do!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/we-all-have-them-you-know-you-do-t59641.html)

n2scraplvr 08-16-2010 12:42 PM

Those clowns are weird!! Imagine giving that to your seamstress to make something for you!! She passed it to us in the scrap bags she gave us. And that was the prettiest side of the last one (lime flower)! Other side is just as ugly!! haha. ;-)

cjomomma 08-16-2010 12:47 PM

No. 1 would make a great hand bag. 2 an 3 no thank you. 4. I see potential.

grann of 6 08-16-2010 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Those clowns are weird!! Imagine giving that to your seamstress to make something for you!! She passed it to us in the scrap bags she gave us. And that was the prettiest side of the last one (lime flower)! Other side is just as ugly!! haha. ;-)

Don't you just love it when people give you some fabric. When someone tells me they have fabric for me now, I cringe inside wondering what they are really giving me. And we being the fabricholics we are, can't just pitch it into the trash where it belongs. Hey maybe we should use it for tote bags instead of dog and cat food bags!!! :lol: :-P :roll: :lol:

Friendly Quilter 08-16-2010 12:53 PM

Ok, I found 4 uglies. Even so, cut up in a scrap quilt, no one will even notice -- yea, right! lol.

The clowns are terriable, but the green flower would mak a great stack n wack.

n2scraplvr 08-16-2010 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6

Don't you just love it when people give you some fabric. When someone tells me they have fabric for me now, I cringe inside wondering what they are really giving me. And we being the fabricholics we are, can't just pitch it into the trash where it belongs. Hey maybe we should use it for tote bags instead of dog and cat food bags!!! :lol: :-P :roll: :lol:

One man's trash is 'not always' another man's treasure but another man's burden!! No, I always find a way to use something up precisely so no one even notices!! We should see who can take the ugliest fabric and make something wonderful from it that everyone wants it!! lol.

:-D :-D

grann of 6 08-16-2010 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6

One man's trash is 'not always' another man's treasure but another man's burden!! No, I always find a way to use something up precisely so no one even notices!! We should see who can take the ugliest fabric and make something wonderful from it that everyone wants it!! lol.

:-D :-D

Okay, so I can't stand a dare. Now I just HAVE to figure a way to use all those awful polyester fabrics. I wonder...........

MzMcKee 08-16-2010 03:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I want to play. I purchased 6 yard of this fabric thinking Stack and Whack. But after all the thrill at the store I look at it now and don't know if it will work. So it is now my ugly fabric.

And so you know, That yellow looking part is really lime green.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98099[/ATTACH]

Twilliebee 08-16-2010 03:16 PM

Wish it was cotton! Love it!

n2scraplvr 08-16-2010 03:18 PM

Don't forget your pic!! :D :oops: the pic just came up! It's quite graphic for a stack n whack. It'd be great another pattern. :-D

gaigai 08-16-2010 03:19 PM

CJ, that knit fabric would make a great medallion quilt. Cut out the pretty medallions, back them with some fusible foundation to stabilize them, and add separator blocks. I think it would be beautiful!