Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Wedding Dress CRAZY quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/wedding-dress-crazy-quilt-t119639.html)

I go To The Sea To Breathe 04-29-2011 09:07 AM

You are a abeautiful bride. That will be so sweet to have for the ring brearers...Also a hanky for the bride, or a baptismal napkin for grandchildren would really be special, if you baptize infants and children....a couple of baptismal/christening gowns for infants. I made our daughters dress, sllip and bonnet. she will be 40 this year, and did counted cross stitch on the hem of her full name, birthdate and baptismal date, then her first 2 children were baptized in her dress also and I did the same counted cross stitch for each of them in the pink or blue thread...and added a tiny ribbon for the appropriate color, therre is so much you could do with your wedding gown...unfortunately I gave mine away to a little 9 yr old deaf and mute girl, but she had so much fun with it, I am not sorry, but would have been nice to have to make the dresses with...

OKLAHOMA PEACH 04-29-2011 09:10 AM

Wonderful adaptation, beautiful!

aurora41 04-29-2011 09:12 AM

Very touching story, but I can not believe you make a crazy quilt out of your wedding dress. I imagine how difficult it was to make the first cut.

belmer 04-29-2011 09:14 AM

How precious is that... What a wonderful idea and a wonderful little story about you grandfather.... So sweet!

Summer Spice 04-29-2011 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by I go To The Sea To Breathe
You are a abeautiful bride. That will be so sweet to have for the ring brearers...Also a hanky for the bride, or a baptismal napkin for grandchildren would really be special, if you baptize infants and children....a couple of baptismal/christening gowns for infants. I made our daughters dress, sllip and bonnet. she will be 40 this year, and did counted cross stitch on the hem of her full name, birthdate and baptismal date, then her first 2 children were baptized in her dress also and I did the same counted cross stitch for each of them in the pink or blue thread...and added a tiny ribbon for the appropriate color, therre is so much you could do with your wedding gown...unfortunately I gave mine away to a little 9 yr old deaf and mute girl, but she had so much fun with it, I am not sorry, but would have been nice to have to make the dresses with...

Your wallhanging is wonderful, the pic of you is beautiful.
These suggestions are fabulous.

dar627742 04-29-2011 09:16 AM

beautiful! sure beats having it stored somewhere!
dar

pollyjvan9 04-29-2011 09:32 AM

I love your wallhanging, what a great memory.

LoriEl 04-29-2011 09:36 AM

That is a great idea! You and your quilt are both beautiful!

Sewfine 04-29-2011 10:07 AM

Wow, this is beautiful. What ever made you think of this idea?

Susanna10 04-29-2011 10:10 AM

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!