Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What do you think can be made out of these.......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-do-you-think-can-made-out-these-t17813.html)

k3n 03-19-2009 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
AND just guess what my surname is??????????????????? yep Ogden!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As long as your DH isn't like Stam - sitting around in a dirty string vest, scratching himself in inapropriate places! :?

From now on you will be Hilda to me!

K x

Izy 03-19-2009 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by Izy
AND just guess what my surname is??????????????????? yep Ogden!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As long as your DH isn't like Stam - sitting around in a dirty string vest, scratching himself in inapropriate places! :?

From now on you will be Hilda to me!

K x

No thankfully my ex wasn't called Stan, or acted like him but we were always nicknamed stan and Hilda when we first got married...I STILL hate that surname, another reason why I should get married to John and finally see the back of it lol!! :D

k3n 03-19-2009 10:17 AM

OK - so I WON'T call you Hilda then - I know what it's like getting rid of an exs name! LOL not!

K x

Butterflyspain 03-19-2009 10:17 AM

So glad you decided to post this amazing array of blocks Izy. they are truly beautiful.

Love them.

Elle

Izy 03-19-2009 10:51 AM

Well Elle, it was everyones reaction at group that made me decide to post these as a work in progress rather than wait til the top was done as I had intended, so it's down to you dear friend :D

Butterflyspain 03-19-2009 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Well Elle, it was everyones reaction at group that made me decide to post these as a work in progress rather than wait til the top was done as I had intended, so it's down to you dear friend :D

Well Izy i was just gob smacked when I saw what you had done with these itzy bitzy, teeny weeny bits of fabric. You are a genius no getting away from it. I just wouldnīt have this infinite patience that you have to a) pick through all those scraps and b) cut them out so tiny.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: so there ya go.

Elle

Izy 03-19-2009 10:59 AM

Well Elle, although I organised the scraps into usable sizes starting at 6" down to 2" squares, and 3,2,1.5" strips, I haven't really used much of them yet, just all the odd bits and triangles left from other projects, it's just a case of grabbing a bit, seeing if it fits and getting it stitched asap, as long as the colours contrast, and I try and not use the same fabrics if I can, thats it!! Did you see the link on the other Dear Jane thread to the miniature foundation piecing blocks I posted for you to check out? :D

Butterflyspain 03-19-2009 02:14 PM

I know what you do, I just couldnīt fiddle with these tiny pieces I am just in awe of what your achieve.

Missed that link will go back and check it out.

Elle

frankie_casias 03-19-2009 02:33 PM

a crazy quilt to start with
frankie
and a base square of 10inches
and any 5 sided template 3 inches in center
of 10 in. square

NAIROD 03-19-2009 03:26 PM

YOU ARE A TALENT I WANT TO GET TO KNOW !!! :D

SINCE YOU SEEM TO KNOW HOW TO DO STUFF, HOW ABOUT
SOME ADVICE. I WANT TO FIND SOMEONE TO HAND QUILT
A XMAS QUILT SO I CAN GIVE TO MY GRANDMA. I CAN'T HAND QUILT
MUCH ANYMORE SINCE I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH RSD ( FORM OF
MS). ALSO, I WANT TO MAKE A QUILT WHERE EACH BLOCK
ONLY HAS 3 PIECES FOR A QUEEN SIZW BED. I WANT ONLY
TOILE FABRIC IN BURGUNDY, YELLOW/GOLD AND GREEN.

ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF?