Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What have I got myself into LOL (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-have-i-got-myself-into-lol-t278995.html)

redstilettos 05-27-2016 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7560285)
YIKES. Just looking at that give me the 'willies'... big time! You're a brave woman.

As a chicken-hearted sewer, having never done ANY paper piecing......"willies" are mild compared to what I am experiencing looking at this.

I would ooh and ahhh at a quilt show seeing this, but would not feel brave enough to attempt!

Way to go!

soozieQ 05-27-2016 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts (Post 7560237)
I found this pattern online and fell in love with it. It's intermediate / advanced paper piecing so I bought it, and have two "parts" (of 10) done so far (not yet sewn together, so the seams don't line up yet!)

All 10 parts are done in pinks / purples ...

Here's the pattern (for the life of me, I cannot rotate these, sorry)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]550912[/ATTACH]

Here's what I've done so far

[ATTACH=CONFIG]550913[/ATTACH]

Hi If you mean sideways pics are you using ipad ? if so take pic with ipad in landscape position ,white button on the right side, pics will appear correct.

toverly 05-27-2016 04:57 AM

Love that pattern! You are doing a great job, Carry on!

ljptexas 05-27-2016 05:17 AM

Whoa! Wow! It is gorgeous!!!! I've been PPing for several years but.....

quilterpurpledog 05-27-2016 05:26 AM

I'm sure you can do it. You only bite off more than you can chew when you forget to eat daintily and take one bite at a time. So, don't doubt yourself and take it one bite (or step) at a time. Enjoy the journey and the beautiful quilt it is becoming. We will be anxious to see the progress or finished product.

dunster 05-27-2016 07:36 AM

I think it's a clever pattern and you will do fine with it. I'm interested in seeing what other colors you bring into the quilt.

Pennyhal 05-27-2016 09:18 AM

Oh gosh! That's fantastic pattern! I look forward to seeing it completed.

MarionsQuilts 05-27-2016 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by soozieQ (Post 7560635)
Hi If you mean sideways pics are you using ipad ? if so take pic with ipad in landscape position ,white button on the right side, pics will appear correct.

I take the pics with my phone - upright - and email them to myself and then download them. They are fine until I post them LOL

Thanks for the tip ... I am obviously doing something wrong LOL

MarionsQuilts 05-27-2016 12:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for all the comments! It is a bit daunting LOL ... the paper piecing is actually easy, I'm just going to be nervous about sewing it all together.

QUESTION FOR THE PP EXPERTS - in order to keep everything perfectly lined up, I had thought about keeping the paper on and then only taking it off after I have sewn them together. This will be a wall hanging quilt that I will NOT be donating ... so was wondering ... what happens to the little pieces of paper that I can't get off? If I wash it (which I usually do when it's all done) will the paper disintegrate or will it make lumps? I'm talking about small, tiny pieces of paper.

These are the other colours that I will be using.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]550963[/ATTACH]

I bought a fat quarter bundle from missouriquilts and I just love the colours. Two fat quarters makes two wedges, so it works out perfectly!

JuneBillie 05-27-2016 01:17 PM

Yes, you are doing great with this beautiful project. Just keep on going, and as another one said most of all "enjoy the journey."