Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What was Hoffman Fabrics thinking? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-hoffman-fabrics-thinking-t37086.html)

bisque 02-20-2010 05:38 PM

I can't believe it, looking over my stash, I found the exact same piece of fabric as the first one with the beautiful Cardnals, and I think it is so awesome I cannot decide what fabric to put with it to make a quilt. It is so outstanding, I don't even want to cut into! We have a family of Cardnals outside ever morning, male and females, sitting in our birch tree looking in the window at us. Any ideas what colors to put with that or a design. I am stumped. Nancy from N.J.

Aurora 02-21-2010 07:47 AM

I actually love all of them. I would like to incoporate the first four in a OBW. I would probably purchase several yards of each. I love the mix of cardinals, rose hips and juniper berries, for me it is the perfect Yule pattern, providing the promise of Spring on the First Day of Winter.

Thanks for posting, I will look forward to all of them.

bisque 02-21-2010 09:05 AM

Thats a wonderful thought, now to remember where I found my fabric I already have!

Favorite Fabrics 02-21-2010 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by bisque
I can't believe it, looking over my stash, I found the exact same piece of fabric as the first one with the beautiful Cardnals, and I think it is so awesome I cannot decide what fabric to put with it to make a quilt. It is so outstanding, I don't even want to cut into! We have a family of Cardnals outside ever morning, male and females, sitting in our birch tree looking in the window at us. Any ideas what colors to put with that or a design. I am stumped. Nancy from N.J.

Nancy, just hang in there until May... Hoffman has a b'zillion coordinates that will go with it. Ok, I exaggerated... but still they will have dozens. Any of their cream/gold or scarlet/gold metallic blenders will be gorgeous. Their hunter/gold ones will also go but will be deeper in color than most of the greens in the leaves. Looking at this year's sample swatch of the cardinal fabric, I don't think they changed any of the colors in the design at all from last year (for the first 3 pictures), so if you're inclined to look NOW for coordinates, choose any of Hoffman's fabrics that are in the 33G (cream/gold) or 78G (scarlet gold) colorways. You could even get away with 47G (gold/gold, like the deeper beige shades in the birds).

champagnebubbles 02-21-2010 10:25 AM

I may be on the short list-- LOL I like them all.

charvan 02-21-2010 10:33 AM

Too bad they didn't put chicadees on the gray print. Love the traditional Hoffman cardinal prints; the beige might wash out in a quilt. All depends.

bisque 02-21-2010 11:32 AM

Thank you sooooo much! Love those Cardnals and the colors wow!

marla 02-22-2010 12:46 PM

I love the dark one as it is rich in color and the use of mediums and light creams would work well.