Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What I've been doing NEW PICTURE ADDED!MADE NEW THREAD (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-ive-been-doing-new-picture-added-made-new-thread-t8156.html)

tlrnhi 06-16-2008 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by henryparrish76
Love it!

Thanks Henry. How's your quilt coming along?

Izy 06-16-2008 06:22 AM

Terri - You HAVE been a buzy little bee now haven't you, I love your sunbonnet Sues, I think it is such a lovely block to do, and I like how you are embellishing it too, the stem stitch is perfect for that button!! Do you have a Janome??? only the open toe foot is 'F' on mine machine too, just wondered if we have the same machine?? :D

mgshaw 06-16-2008 06:24 AM

The link Bev found is like the one I did ,different setting but same kitties. I must have already taken my pics off computer and put on disc

tlrnhi 06-16-2008 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Terri - You HAVE been a buzy little bee now haven't you, I love your sunbonnet Sues, I think it is such a lovely block to do, and I like how you are embellishing it too, the stem stitch is perfect for that button!! Do you have a Janome??? only the open toe foot is 'F' on mine machine too, just wondered if we have the same machine?? :D

No, I have a Kenmore Ergo3. But it's supposedly made by Janome (?)
I just love it. Just wish the embroidery field was larger than 4 inches, but that's ok, I like it just fine.
It has TONS of stitches (decorator) where I don't have to put the hoop on to do them.
And...the best thing??? It has a needle threader!!! :) :) :)

tlrnhi 06-16-2008 06:27 AM

The Sunbonnet Kitty is cute!
Now, I wish I could find the pattern to it. I could make one myself, but I cannot draw a straight line with a ruler! So, I'd screw it all up.

Barbm 06-16-2008 06:30 AM

Terri- does the stitch have a name? (Was it referenced in your manual with a name?) I'm ready to work on my Sue blocks for the family reunion in 3 weeks. I have all 18 cut out, need to sew now.

Thanks!

Barb

Barbm 06-16-2008 06:30 AM

P.S. Love the Sue blocks, this is going to be an awesome quilt!

tlrnhi 06-16-2008 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Sunbonnets are the best. Good work! Who are the little girls? family? They will love them!

A friend of mine who just transferred to Japan. Her girls are 2 and 4 and are the cutest redheads you ever seen! But, I guess I'm a bit biased on that. lol

tlrnhi 06-16-2008 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
Terri- does the stitch have a name? (Was it referenced in your manual with a name?) I'm ready to work on my Sue blocks for the family reunion in 3 weeks. I have all 18 cut out, need to sew now.

Thanks!

Barb

On my machine it says Applique. It's stitch number 56 on page 2/7 on my machine. It also has the same stitch going the other way

tlrnhi 06-16-2008 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
P.S. Love the Sue blocks, this is going to be an awesome quilt!

I hope so!
Plus, when I go to visit them, I can go looking for teapots too! :)