Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What I've been doing NEW PICTURE ADDED!MADE NEW THREAD

Since the kids are gone and I have my sewing room back, I decided I was going to finish off 2 quilts I need to make for a couple little girls.
    I was doing one and for the life of me, I couldn't get the corners or ANYTHING to match up right, so I tossed it to the side and got another idea. This is what I'm now doing for a quilt for them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love it! Sun Bonnet Sue was my quilt when I was little!

looks like you've got that blanket stitch down pat!

and a couple more
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by kathy
    looks like you've got that blanket stitch down pat!
    That's what takes so long. Making sure I STAY on the line. I did have to rip it out a couple times to get it right.

Love that little flower!! So cute! I did a sunbonnet Kitty, Its basically sunbonnet sue but has a little ear sticking out of the hat and a tail coming out from under the dress!

Are you using an open toe foot? it really helps to see where you are going!

Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    Love that little flower!! So cute! I did a sunbonnet Kitty, Its basically sunbonnet sue but has a little ear sticking out of the hat and a tail coming out from under the dress!
    That would be cute! Never seen a Sunbonnet Kitty.

I will see if I have a picture,if not GD has the quilt and I will go borrow it and get a pic.

Are you using an open toe foot? it really helps to see where you are going!
    I have TONS of feet that go with my machine. Most of them are still in the packages they came in, sealed and waiting for me to try them out.
    I have a foot (has the letter F on it). The slit where the thread goes is just in the right place for me to line up the edge of the fabric. It was the first foot I grabbed and seemed to work out. I tried others, but they weren't working for me. Might try another since the one I'm using is clear and it gets hard to see at times. I need new glasses, had gotten them made 3 times and all 3 times they were wrong. Now I have to wait for my eye doc to come back from vacation to get new script to go get new glasses at another place. WILL NOT step foot into where I HAD gone.

I will see if I have a picture,if not GD has the quilt and I will go borrow it and get a pic.
    Cool! In the meantime, maybe I can Google it.

Banned
    Oh I love them. Now is that what you call applique? What do you use to put on fabric? Where can I find the cute Sunbonnet Sue's? Sorry for all the questions. Its something I've been wanting to try

Blog Entries
    Love it!

I used the light weight heat and bond. I wasn't sure it was still good since I had it shoved in a bin for about 10 years, but it's working fine!

Here's the website I used.
    http://www.sunbonnetsue.com/patterns.html

Also, if you do a search here, there is a BOM that was done not too long ago with Sunbonnet Sue and there are a ton of links on that too.

My machine has a TON of stitches and also appliques. The stitch I used for the leaves are just a decorator stitch I decided to try and it came out nice. I had gone to Ben Franklins today to get some fabric for the Round Robin and picked up a few cute buttons to embellish with.

Banned
    I found a link to the Sunbonnet Kitty. Not sure where to get the pattern, but it sure is cute
    http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1048632659033860431uGyJQS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I used the light weight heat and bond. I wasn't sure it was still good since I had it shoved in a bin for about 10 years, but it's working fine!

Here's the website I used.
    http://www.sunbonnetsue.com/patterns.html

Also, if you do a search here, there is a BOM that was done not too long ago with Sunbonnet Sue and there are a ton of links on that too.

My machine has a TON of stitches and also appliques. The stitch I used for the leaves are just a decorator stitch I decided to try and it came out nice. I had gone to Ben Franklins today to get some fabric for the Round Robin and picked up a few cute buttons to embellish with.
    Awesome..... Thanks dearheart.... I'll have to give it a try

Those are sooo cute, good job.

I love Sunbonnet Sue!! Please post a picture of the whole quilt when you finish-I love the detail you added with the flower-too cute!!!! (My grandmother made a Sunbonnet Sue quilt for me when I was a little girl. Unfortunately it was stolen in 1986 when we made a move overseas to Germany. :()

Bev, I used cardboard for my template. Just cut an old box I had gotten from a fabric shipment. Just be careful cutting the cardboard. DO NOT ask me why I am saying this,,,,just take my precaution.
    The templates I have DO have some rough edges, but when I am cutting them, that's when I "smooth" the edges.

I'm thinking of doing a sort of attic window with each block. Maybe embroider something different in each block. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    I love Sunbonnet Sue!! Please post a picture of the whole quilt when you finish-I love the detail you added with the flower-too cute!!!! (My grandmother made a Sunbonnet Sue quilt for me when I was a little girl. Unfortunately it was stolen in 1986 when we made a move overseas to Germany. :()
    I know all about things being stolen from moves. One reason why I have learned to get a post office box OR a mailbox at a Mailboxes Or More, or at a UPS place. That way, I can ship some things to that. Only took me 10 years to figure that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by henryparrish76
    Love it!
    Thanks Henry. How's your quilt coming along?

Izy
    Terri - You HAVE been a buzy little bee now haven't you, I love your sunbonnet Sues, I think it is such a lovely block to do, and I like how you are embellishing it too, the stem stitch is perfect for that button!! Do you have a Janome??? only the open toe foot is 'F' on mine machine too, just wondered if we have the same machine?? :D

The link Bev found is like the one I did ,different setting but same kitties. I must have already taken my pics off computer and put on disc

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Terri - You HAVE been a buzy little bee now haven't you, I love your sunbonnet Sues, I think it is such a lovely block to do, and I like how you are embellishing it too, the stem stitch is perfect for that button!! Do you have a Janome??? only the open toe foot is 'F' on mine machine too, just wondered if we have the same machine?? :D
    No, I have a Kenmore Ergo3. But it's supposedly made by Janome (?)
    I just love it. Just wish the embroidery field was larger than 4 inches, but that's ok, I like it just fine.
    It has TONS of stitches (decorator) where I don't have to put the hoop on to do them.
    And...the best thing??? It has a needle threader!!! :) :) :)

The Sunbonnet Kitty is cute!
    Now, I wish I could find the pattern to it. I could make one myself, but I cannot draw a straight line with a ruler! So, I'd screw it all up.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast