Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What we have been doing today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-we-have-been-doing-today-t8372.html)

Marcia 06-22-2008 05:14 PM

Melissa, What a great day you had. I would love to be there and play gopher with you.

I spent Saturday outdoors, too, but was planting flowers and shrubs. It is HOT here too.

It is a good tired when at the end of the day you can stand back and see what you have accomplished.

mgshaw 06-22-2008 05:22 PM

Marcia
you should have been here, just now came in from eartagging the 3 new calves. Tagging them wasnt the hard part getting the little buggers in the squeeze shoot!!!

Karla you would have had fun on that little party too!

Johnette, where are you?

barnbum 06-22-2008 05:39 PM

Oh yes--I would have loved it! :D

jacquemoe 06-22-2008 05:45 PM

WOW.................that doesn't look like fun, lol I know so little about farming. What are you harvesting or that's one heck of a lawn mower. No, I'm not that dumb.

mgshaw 06-22-2008 06:50 PM

:lol: You are so silly Jac!!!!!
they are cutting wheat.

DA Mayer 06-22-2008 07:50 PM

Our little crops are just peeking their heads out. Wow.

Knot Sew 06-23-2008 04:36 AM

That looks great , my ancestors were all farmers mostly vegetables, a few cows a flock of fowl and a few pigs. How times have changed, now they are regulating the size of my compost pile and no animals....sad indeed. :D

Deb G 06-23-2008 07:29 AM

I love seeing your harvest pictures. That won't be happening around here for awhile yet because it has been so wet and cold but I think summer may finally have arrived. We've had one week of beautiful weather and this week is looking good.
I grew up on a farm in SD. My Mom still owns it and it will go to us, 4 daughters, someday. Those days on the farm were the best part of my life. It feels so good to work hard and sometimes feeling exhausted at the end of the day but it is a good tired.
I've lived in the city for many years and have never liked it. It's wonderful to have the farm to go to when I feel the houses closing in on me, which is most days. I'd like to retire in the country or a small town, not sure if I can talk hubby into it.

tlrnhi 06-23-2008 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by mgshaw
:lol: You are so silly Jac!!!!!
they are cutting wheat.

I helped a few years back when visiting the inlaws. They had some friends whose family owned a farm. Anyway, the old man that owned it passed away and they needed to get the wheat in. So, EVERYONE went and helped. I was so glad to hit the shower that night. I had that stuff ALL OVER ME! But, it was alot of work, but it was fun too. At least that big huge "lawnmower" had a/c in it! lol

reneebobby 06-23-2008 08:38 AM

Nice pictures, just loved the columbine (I thinkI spelled right) reminds me of the movie son-in-law. :lol: Great movie. hehehe