Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   what would you charge a client for this... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-would-you-charge-client-t206915.html)

Stacey 11-25-2012 01:22 PM

This is a terrific piece. And do not accept any less than the agreed on price. She is absolutely getting a bargain at that.

fivepaws 11-25-2012 01:23 PM

It is priceless and will be treasured forever. Does she not like it or what? What is her problem. $200 is very reasonable.

Diane007 11-25-2012 01:26 PM

wow.... I agree it is worth more then $60.00
I guess that is why they say we need a written contract....

200 sounds good to me.
let us know how you make out

ShabbyTabby 11-25-2012 01:37 PM

I totally agree, she is trying to get that lovely wall hanging for a song. People who do not quilt have no idea of the costs, time, and work that goes into something so beautiful. If she won't pay the $126 then tell her you are sorry but you can't let it go for less than that and keep it for yourself. Let her try to find something half that nice for less than $150!!!

feline fanatic 11-25-2012 01:43 PM

I can't believe your client only wants to pay you $60 for a custom made quilt that is quite beautiful. At the pre-discussed $126 she is getting a bargain. I agree with the others in that it is worth at least $200. Do not let this person take if for less than $126. If she balks, then sell it on Etsy or e-bay for $200 because it is definitely worth that. It is lovely.

QUILTNMO 11-25-2012 01:47 PM

too bad all this had happened but next time i would make sure i had it in writing its very pretty people dont realize how much is involved in making quilts

antylu 11-25-2012 03:02 PM

I am so sorry you are having this experience; it takes a lot of work and time to make a quilt and if she agreed to a price beforehand then she should stick to that. I beleive the $126 is more than reasonable and she should actually be offering you more, I agree that if she is not willing to pay then just keep it or put it up for sale or what you feel you would like to do with it. Very detailed and lots of time spent with materials plus your design, you did a wonderful job!

akisan 11-25-2012 03:12 PM

I would charge $300.00 or more. You did a lot of extra work on that quilt. Other quilters will charge extra for the other things you did. You need to charge for "stress fee" also for sewing the grandfathers fabrics in the quilt. Truly some people don't realize the time, effort and energy that goes into a quilt.

sewelegant 11-25-2012 03:17 PM

I agree with all the others. She couldn't get a posterboard personalized framed collage for $60! She's shopped at Walmart too long. Keep it & sell it on ebay. I wouldn't take a penny less than $200 for it. And you only had 3 weeks to design & make it? She's delusional.

ruthrings 11-25-2012 03:23 PM

Do you have a log of how many hours you put in? Minimum, $10 per hour? I'm sure it's more than 20 hours.