Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   what would you charge a client for this... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-would-you-charge-client-t206915.html)

topstitch 11-26-2012 05:22 AM

Even if you have a written contract, the cost of an attorney and/or court fees is usually more than $200. It is a no win situation. How sad that we have so many people and companies that have no intention of keeping their word. I would keep the quilt before I would let this customer have it for $60.00.

Judyth 11-26-2012 05:27 AM

It's beautiful and I wouldn't let it go for less than what you quoted and even at that you probably didn't make $.50 an hour. Shame on her for not sticking to her agreement. I'll bet somebody would pay that or more for it.

#1piecemaker 11-26-2012 05:31 AM

I agree with the others. If she doesn't want to pay the price, just keep it.

2manyhobbies 11-26-2012 05:33 AM

Hang on to it!

$126 is way too low, let alone $60. How outrageous! When I have my quilts quilted, there is a down-payment and a WRITTEN balance receipt. I wouldn't dream of ripping off anyone as badly as this woman is trying to rip you off. Let her go to Walmart (no offense, Walmart, but your things aren't hand-made).

Glenda m 11-26-2012 05:39 AM

Maybe after she has a chance to check around, she will realize how unreasonable she is being. I am with everyone else, don't let her 'bully' you into that low of a price.

labtechkty 11-26-2012 06:13 AM

Her grandfather was a tailor...wow seems to me she of all people should realize the time and effort it takes to produce anything made with fabric.. Your work is stunning...

coopah 11-26-2012 06:21 AM

Let her read all these replies and then have her pony up the $126. if she balks, double the price and tell her you'll hold it for two week and then e-bay it. She'll have two weeks to decide. People talk big when they don't have to shell out the cash first. Do hope she was (notice WAS not IS) not a friend.

pokergal3 11-26-2012 06:24 AM

As of now, I did emailed her with several links to show her how much others are charging her. Second we did have a written agreement which I am hanging on to it. I have not yet heard back from her. If it comes right down to her demanding her grandfathers material back, I will ripped out the border patchwork s parts and give it back to her but not the tree nor the hearts. Then I will go get some fabrics and sew the borders back on and sell it. I wanted to tell each one of you a big hearty thank you for your support and comments. After reading all of this, I feel so much better and more stronger to stand by my low price. Trust me it is not going for $60. No way!!!! She is from a family of lot of money. Again thank you!!!

pokergal3 11-26-2012 06:27 AM

Also she is an artist and does freelance works as painting murals, illustrates things, etc.

pokergal3 11-26-2012 06:28 AM

Exactly about going to small claims court and its fees. .