Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   what would you do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-would-you-do-t89491.html)

Leah Stewart 01-10-2011 09:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My first ever quilt is a UFO (is that really the correct abbreviation???). Just a block pattern I got out of a magazine, started as a king size, finished sewing them, put it down for awhile due to extreme disappointment, later rip 75% of all seams out, cut them sewn back together, realized they were still not right, cut even more off and even added a inch border to two sides of thirty some blocks just to have half an inch more, LOL, now my king is a full, I have none of the original fabric that I bought five years ago, and I really want this to at least be a queen should a just put a regular border or try to find similar colors and do like a five patch border. This was my first started quilt (not finished), I feel like I have to complete it to regain my sanity! Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

patch quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157802[/ATTACH]

up close
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157803[/ATTACH]

jemma 01-10-2011 09:49 PM

i like it +++++ if it needs to be bigger add a border in a pastel something what suits but please finish it its a great achivement for any level of quilter

annieshane 01-10-2011 09:49 PM

How about a 2.5 inch solid border and a larger coordinating print outer border. This is a really soft and pretty quilt. I am so sorry you have had such a bad time, but it certainly does not show in your quilt. It is really pretty.

luvTooQuilt 01-10-2011 09:52 PM

I think a dark green border that matches the dark green would look lovely as the border. it would definitely frame the quilt..

craftybear 01-10-2011 10:04 PM

I love the colors and design, please finish it, job well done!

Magdalena 01-10-2011 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
I think a dark green border that matches the dark green would look lovely as the border. it would definitely frame the quilt..

I agree :)

timepasser 01-10-2011 10:51 PM

it is very pretty

charismah 01-10-2011 11:33 PM

Add borders...why go through any more torture?

JoanneS 01-10-2011 11:38 PM

It's a lovely quilt, and I'm sorry it's given you so much trouble. I agree with everyone that borders are the answer to making it the size you want it to be. Take it to your LQS and ask for help to decide what fabrics to add as borders. I'm sure you'll get lots of help - and you'll make some new friends.

AnneT 01-10-2011 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by annieshane
How about a 2.5 inch solid border and a larger coordinating print outer border. This is a really soft and pretty quilt. I am so sorry you have had such a bad time, but it certainly does not show in your quilt. It is really pretty.

Dito on this. Please turn this pretty WIP into a wonderful finished quilt, and in the end, you'll love it :thumbup: .
Way to go!