Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What's for Christmas and holiday gift giving? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/whats-christmas-holiday-gift-giving-t199140.html)

Jennifer 09-03-2012 05:57 AM

This will be the first year I gift quilts to anyone. Typically I just make them and like them so much that I keep them, but this year I had quite the stack of tops going. So I have decided that if I am to gift any quilts they will be the ones that need quilting. Incentive to get the stack of tops manageable without the crazy of making more and adding to the pile. I do worry that they may not like them, but beggers can't be choosers. You asked for a quilt and forgot to tell me what colors and such so it then became my choice.... right.

marscrafter 09-04-2012 10:19 AM

I'm not making anything quilted for my father in law, since he appreciates practical gift baskets more. So, he is receiving a gift basket full of useful toiletry items. My last gift to him ended up on his couch for the dog to sleep on. LOL

My aunts are getting throw quilts, because they like quilts. One is currently in progress with a bunch of stars for the pattern.

My husband's cousin is getting married in the new year, so I'm thinking about making a quilt with their wedding details embroidered in mostly white. If I don't have the time to get that going, then I may cross-stitch a wedding picture.

I may make some small table runners for coworkers, or possibly a mug rug.

My husband and kids each have their own quilts already, so they will get something else.

terri bb 09-04-2012 10:37 AM

i have no clue! i am working up placemats, table runners, potholders, etc, for a Christmas craft fair, hopefully i will have a pocket full of green for christmas! hubby and son both need quilts, i just need to get to working on them as well!

sewbeadit 09-04-2012 04:57 PM

I don't have a clue, but some of the ideas on this thread are really good, so may take some of them up to do.

Calico Grammy 09-04-2012 05:47 PM

As always~~~~quilters have the best ideas!!! Thanks everyone!

debcavan 09-04-2012 06:52 PM

One of the most loved things I have made are the microwave bowls. There is a tute. You put them around the bowl before you put the bowl in the microwave. It is like a potholder already around it. if you aren't eating at the table, it helps you hold the bowl and not burn your hands. It also keeps the food warm longer. And if you are eating at a table, it is nice to have on a dish that passes to make it easier.

I have only had one problem giving them as gifts. I gave ONE to a family with TWO children and the children fought over it. This is my husband's favorite thing of all the things I have ever made. I have given away over 20 and have a lot of people on my list yet. And those I have given them to want more. Each member of the family seems to want their own

Boston1954 09-05-2012 05:41 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The puppy in the bathtub is for my husband. The butterfly is for my sister. The placemats for for a friend. Working on a quilt with teddy bears for my sister. That's not done yet.

dd 09-05-2012 06:02 AM

Potholders have been requested. My daughter wants PJ pants and my grandson is getting flannel pjs. Haven't decided on anyone else. Since I got fired, I should have plenty of time to work on them, right?

Quiltshaker 09-05-2012 06:39 AM

Last Christmas I was sorry that I hadn't made myself some Christmas pillowcases, therefore, I think that's going to be my choice for gifts......maybe a couple table runners too.

sewnsewer2 09-05-2012 10:00 AM

Boston 1954 those are really nice!