Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What's Your Summer Creation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/whats-your-summer-creation-t223149.html)

famorecutlery 06-06-2013 09:36 PM

What's Your Summer Creation

Hi folks;
Are you working on any creative project? Share your summer creation here.

quiltsRfun 06-06-2013 10:11 PM

I have a few projects I hope to finish this summer. First is the quilt restoration for my nieces. Their grandmother (now deceased) made them a quilt that is in really bad shape. I'm going to do my best to restore the quilt and in the process I'll divide in in two so each of them will have part of the quilt. Next I want to make quilts for two of my best friends. One top is finished and I have the other one all planned. And third I want to finish the project of a quilt for each of my 14 great nieces/nephews. I have about 8 of the tops finished and three more in the works. Then on to the quilting which for the most part will be quick and simple.

So you can see i've got my summer all planned out.

Up4BigChal 06-07-2013 03:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
well there may be a "Summer" Project if we'd ever get even Spring I'm really surprised it hasn't snowed!!! I do believe we no longer need anymore rain!! I'm actually working on this Quilt for my daughter Moon & Stars Lots of raw edge applique. This is the first panel.

nygal 06-07-2013 03:40 AM

The quilting mood seems to have left me. In the mean time I am working on a needlepoint pillow with sea shells on it. But I do have three quilt projects with the fabrics all chosen on one of my work desk in my studio. So when the quilting mood hits me I'll just have to decide which one to DO.

mom-6 06-07-2013 04:10 AM

My first project is doing the quilting on my peacock colors quilt for Misty. Then doing the blocks for the batik block swap. After that who knows? Need to finish a bunch of UFOs but will probably find inspiration somewhere and just create more UFOs. Lol! Oh and need to find some ducky fabric for Peri a baby quilt. And DD wants a body pillow for DGS. And, and, and . . .

DebraK 06-07-2013 07:04 AM

beautiful!

DebbE 06-07-2013 07:26 AM

I'm going to make a quilt for my DH & I - every other quilt I've made has been given away to someone. I'm thinking a scrappy quilt for our bed, something that can be washed often as we have a silky terrier and a coton de tulear that are in & out of the yard all day, plus its their bed, too. I'm making a commitment to make one for us! : )

Jingle 06-07-2013 12:43 PM

My goal is to just make as many as I can. Same as my goal for winter.

RedGarnet222 06-07-2013 01:13 PM

I have a batik table runner I want to quilt for my dining table. That is the only summer one besides maybe a purse or two.

omacookie 06-07-2013 01:19 PM

I have completed 2 tops and backing for the OKLA tornado people and 1 for New Jersey. Will makea doll quilt each month and work on the UFO stack... Big Goals!. Hugs