Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Why did I spend $1.00 on this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/why-did-i-spend-%241-00-a-t192290.html)

sassy granny 06-20-2012 10:08 AM

I see what you mean but by no means do away with it. I bet some homeless person would see a lot of beauty and warmth in it. If nothing else , make a backing out of old flannel shirts or something warm and tie it, then give it to the homelss shelter. I'm sure someone will love and use it.

sassy granny

kountrykreation 06-20-2012 10:14 AM

I love it. Looks like a top that was made for it's true purpose... one to keep a loved one warm. If it could only talk. I say finish her up and breath life into her, then donate it, if you decide she's not for you. Then the cycle will have been completed, thanks to you!

Knitnoid 06-20-2012 10:26 AM

I like it. In all the faults listed, I didn't see "doesn't lay flat". So, in my book that's a keeper. So what that the points don't match. Quilt it and pass it along. If you can't see spending time quilting this top because of all the 'faults', then pass it along for someone else to quilt.

joobee 06-20-2012 10:29 AM

I see love sewn in that quilt. My husband's grandmother gave us dozens of quilt blocks she had put together. They were not sewn into a quilt, just blocks. Just last year I took them out, picked out the ones that were the best and picked them apart. I pressed, re-cut and restitched them back into the Ohio Star pattern they were in (just a little smaller and straighter) They are true treasures to us and I will put them into a quilt for my husband.

Perhaps if you pick the best ones and tweek them a bit you can get a wall hanging, lap quilt, pillows or something you create from what you have.

It was worth the $1.00 you spent and can become something worth so much more because you took time to rehome it.

walkswithwolves 06-20-2012 11:03 AM

You can send it to me. I will give you $1.00 for it.

Kitsie 06-20-2012 11:09 AM

Bet someone learned a lot making it! Do you have a pet that needs a bed?

Grandma Peg 06-20-2012 11:32 AM

The price was right, and you could always pillows or something like that.

Helen S 06-20-2012 11:36 AM

Impulse shopper? lol Just donate it to a good cause....

BeckyPotter 06-20-2012 11:45 AM

I have one just like this(wonky stitches, all kinds of fabric). It was made by my DGGM at eighty. She died at 92. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I had to take the blocks apart from the border, it was falling apart.

jgriinke 06-20-2012 11:49 AM

Do you have a frame to quilt on? If so, I would load it up on there and quilt away. It was done out of love. It may not be the most well constructed quilt, but it does have it's own beauty. Do an all over meander and call it done. It would look just great once it gets done. Please don't through it out. It needs to be finished.