Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Will the Real 15 clone please stand up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/will-real-15-clone-please-stand-up-t164361.html)

Janis 02-24-2012 09:12 PM

kallie, what a beautiful machine! The decals and the face plate are just wonderful! I hope you can find out the things you want to about her.

Kallie 02-26-2012 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Janis (Post 5006109)
kallie, what a beautiful machine! The decals and the face plate are just wonderful! I hope you can find out the things you want to about her.

Thanks Janis
She definitely is a beauty! I hope I can find out some more about her too! 2 people now have mentioned that the Comrie family are the ones who own The Brick here in Canada and that their son is in the NHL. If I could just get ahold of the Comrie Sewing Machine Store that is listed in Edmonton that would hopefully help clear up some questions. But alas everytime I phone I get a "busy/disconnected" type signal. The phone doesn't even ring. Just beeps at me.

pinkberrykay 02-29-2012 08:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a 15 Clone that I have the option to purchase. Tried to find info online about her but I just read that there is not a lot of info about them on~line. Its a make offer sale and I am thinking $25 maybe $15. I have notice people are not paying much of these beauties because they are not rare.[ATTACH=CONFIG]316482[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]316483[/ATTACH]

irishrose 02-29-2012 09:33 PM

Miriam, Joe or anyone else, is there any thing foot pedals need besides the obvious. The Universal wants to sew, but it slows down and I stop trying. The motor was checked when it was rewired - though he didn't have the other electrics, just the motor, but I'm sure he had a way to check it. The cords are original, but look good. I got the cover off the foot petal (it took a pair of pliers and a hammer) and all the wiring looks intact, just dusty. I vacuumed it and put it back together. Is there anything else I could have done while I was there? I don't know anything about all those contacts and the thing that moves across them. I put the belt from the Admiral on it. It stil seems a little tight. I am waiting on a new one from sew-classic before I buy a new foot pedal. One thing at a time, but do the insides of the pedal need any servicing I can do? My son will be here Saturday. What should he check for?

Lilrain 02-29-2012 11:58 PM

This was fun to look at, thanks!

miriam 03-01-2012 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5020760)
Miriam, Joe or anyone else, is there any thing foot pedals need besides the obvious. The Universal wants to sew, but it slows down and I stop trying. The motor was checked when it was rewired - though he didn't have the other electrics, just the motor, but I'm sure he had a way to check it. The cords are original, but look good. I got the cover off the foot petal (it took a pair of pliers and a hammer) and all the wiring looks intact, just dusty. I vacuumed it and put it back together. Is there anything else I could have done while I was there? I don't know anything about all those contacts and the thing that moves across them. I put the belt from the Admiral on it. It stil seems a little tight. I am waiting on a new one from sew-classic before I buy a new foot pedal. One thing at a time, but do the insides of the pedal need any servicing I can do? My son will be here Saturday. What should he check for?

My DH is really good with the electric so I turn it over to him. I have seen him sand or polish pits or tits off a the contacts.

J Miller 03-01-2012 07:35 AM

irishrose,

Some of the foot controllers have contact points. If they get dirty, corroded or burnt it will effect the way the machine runs. I've fixed a couple just by cleaning them.
One of the other styles has a carbon pile in it with some adjustable contacts. I've never had any cause to work on them. Just cleaned them out and occasionally rewired them.

If the machine starts running then slows down, I'd be looking at the motor first. If you have another one to try I'd do that.

My Mr Crinkle's busted motor that I glued back together ran OK but was loud and rasty sounding. Then it started slowing down. I couldn't find anything wrong inside but there must be.

Joe

BoJangles 03-01-2012 08:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a little 15 clone I picked up yesterday for $5. I think the thrift store that had it just wanted it gone! A little Electra Deluxe - case and all. No attachments and I haven't tried using her yet!Nancy[ATTACH=CONFIG]316574[/ATTACH]

irishrose 03-01-2012 08:54 AM

Okay, back to look at the foot controller more carefully. I can also try the motor from the Admiral. Thank you. Judy

J Miller 03-03-2012 01:18 PM

Nancy,

That Electra is nice. Nothing out of the ordinary about it other than it doesn't appear to have been used excessively or abused. Needs a spool pin, no big deal, and someone to love her.

ELECTRA ................. The last good car I had was a 69 Buick ELECTRA 225.

Joe