Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Will the Real 15 clone please stand up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/will-real-15-clone-please-stand-up-t164361.html)

miriam 05-16-2014 11:16 AM

That gorgeous pink and gray machine belongs here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...s-t207877.html

ThayerRags 05-27-2014 04:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The local Junk Dealer called today and wanted to sell me a sewing machine that just came in. They don’t have room for sewing machines, so they pass them on to me when they can. It’s a Japanese HA-1 (Singer Clone) machine that had a pin wrap on the arm, and the name is rubbed off to where I can’t read it. I may never figure out what the name was on this machine, but I thought I ask here at QB in case someone has seen a similar one.

I looked through the Will the REAL 15 clone please stand up thread and found only one that looked anything like it, but I can’t read the name on that one either. It is at Post #366.

CD in Oklahoma

miriam 05-27-2014 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Princess!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]477097[/ATTACH]

#1piecemaker 05-27-2014 05:53 PM

Ladies, you have some beautiful old machines. You should be proud!

ThayerRags 05-30-2014 11:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ThayerRags (Post 6733944)
...a Japanese HA-1 (Singer Clone) ...and the name is rubbed off to where I can’t read it. I may never figure out what the name was on this machine......

CD in Oklahoma

I found the manual that came with this HA-1 machine. It was in the notions bin of the Hollywood Cabinet that the machine was in. This particular machine could have had about any name on it, because I think it was sent out from the factory without a name on the arm, and the retailer put the name on it later. If so, that might be why some of these machines get their names rubbed off before collectors can get them.

The 12-page “manual” (more like a brochure) has a fill-in-the-blank area for the name of the machine. A banner has three text areas showing, with the first one saying “Instructions for the Care and Use of Your”, then a blank banner, then “Sewing Machine’. All photos of the machine both on the cover and inside show the machine with no name on the arm. These appear to be “No Name” machines by design.

CD in Oklahoma

J Miller 06-21-2014 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 5727540)
allow me to add another pretty blue....

I call it Semour.... the first pic does not show the color well, but it does show the machine.
(BTW) ZERO cleaning, Flea market, found as shown...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]382889[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]382888[/ATTACH]

And a great big thanks to SteveH for posting these pics of "MY" SEWMOR 202 before it was mine. This is a great machine. A keeper on my end.

Joe

J Miller 06-21-2014 06:06 PM

CD,

I have an Edison badged 15 Clone that came with that manual. I agree it was a generic manual for any number of clones.

Love that cabinet and seat. Wish it were mine.

Joe

J Miller 06-21-2014 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by redbugsullivan (Post 6428366)
Mary&Me, I have a little one very similar to yours. Mine is labeled Ambassador and I LOVE it! Check out the close quarters on the feed dogs. Perfect to piece with, the mini one in the middle even grabs the outer edge of the cloth when I am doing scant 1/4" allowances.

What is your foot pedal like? Mine has the hot stuff on the side and the pedal perpendicular to it. I'd love to know how folks feel about the set up. I can stitch for ages without a hot foot!!!

You mean this design of controller?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]479983[/ATTACH]
I really like them. I can get my foot on the pedal without searching for the right position.

Joe

irishrose 06-22-2014 07:05 PM

redbugsullivan, does your foot pedal get very warm? I have one similar to Joe's picture on my Admiral. I stopped using that machine because the pedal seemed too warm. It's such a pretty thing - shiny black with Art Deco designs in turquoise and silver. I'd like to use it or sell it. I guess it's going in the newspaper.

grant15clone 06-23-2014 04:24 AM

Older carbon foot controllers generate heat. Some much more than others. You can change out the controller for a new electronic one for about $30 or get a new carbon one for about $15 and that will clear up the problem with the heat.
~Grant~