Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   WIP - Mug Rugs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/wip-mug-rugs-t122512.html)

QuiltnCowgirl 05-12-2011 05:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm hosting a Ladies Luncheon at my home on Saturday. I like to have a small gift for each of the ladies. So, this year I am making a "mug rug" otherwise known as a "coaster" for each of them. I asked for them to tell me their favorite color when they RSVP'd.

1 done, 2 ready for binding
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196080[/ATTACH]

5 more to make
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196081[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 05-12-2011 05:03 AM

What a nice surprise ... and you'll have them totally curious as to the reason you needed to know their colour!

I keep thinking of a bunch for Christmas ... set at each place at the table, instead of a Christmas Cracker and rolled up with a ribbon, as you have done.

sueisallaboutquilts 05-12-2011 05:04 AM

You are very thoughtful and they're so pretty!! Love all your fabrics :)

izzybelle 05-12-2011 05:06 AM

what a great little gift

QuiltnCowgirl 05-12-2011 05:08 AM

Thanks!

I'm thinking that I may have them on the tables with the beverage glasses setting on them. Maybe pin a little tag with each lady's name.

QuiltE 05-12-2011 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Thanks!

I'm thinking that I may have them on the tables with the beverage glasses setting on them. Maybe pin a little tag with each lady's name.

Or you could leave them rolled up, and in their glasses .... then let them have a guessing game as to what they are for?

lynnsim 05-12-2011 05:18 AM

What a neat idea!

QuiltnCowgirl 05-12-2011 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE

Thanks!

Or you could leave them rolled up, and in their glasses .... then let them have a guessing game as to what they are for?

Lol - I was trying to avoid the guessing game. None of these ladies sew or quilt, so I don't think they are going to be as familiar as we are with "mug rugs". Thought it might be easier than explaining over & over as 8 ladies arrive & find their gifts.

QuiltE 05-12-2011 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE

Thanks!

Lol - I was trying to avoid the guessing game. None of these ladies sew or quilt, so I don't think they are going to be as familiar as we are with "mug rugs". Thought it might be easier than explaining over & over as 8 ladies arrive & find their gifts.

Good Thought!

thequilterslink 05-12-2011 06:03 AM

Nice little gift, i am drooling over those purple fabrics.