Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WIP - Mug Rugs

Blog Entries
    I'm hosting a Ladies Luncheon at my home on Saturday. I like to have a small gift for each of the ladies. So, this year I am making a "mug rug" otherwise known as a "coaster" for each of them. I asked for them to tell me their favorite color when they RSVP'd.

1 done, 2 ready for binding
    Name:  Attachment-196074.jpe
Views: 38
Size:  69.2 KB

5 more to make
    Name:  Attachment-196075.jpe
Views: 42
Size:  57.7 KB

What a nice surprise ... and you'll have them totally curious as to the reason you needed to know their colour!

I keep thinking of a bunch for Christmas ... set at each place at the table, instead of a Christmas Cracker and rolled up with a ribbon, as you have done.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    You are very thoughtful and they're so pretty!! Love all your fabrics :)

what a great little gift

Blog Entries
    Thanks!

I'm thinking that I may have them on the tables with the beverage glasses setting on them. Maybe pin a little tag with each lady's name.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Thanks!

I'm thinking that I may have them on the tables with the beverage glasses setting on them. Maybe pin a little tag with each lady's name.
    Or you could leave them rolled up, and in their glasses .... then let them have a guessing game as to what they are for?

What a neat idea!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    Thanks!

Or you could leave them rolled up, and in their glasses .... then let them have a guessing game as to what they are for?
    Lol - I was trying to avoid the guessing game. None of these ladies sew or quilt, so I don't think they are going to be as familiar as we are with "mug rugs". Thought it might be easier than explaining over & over as 8 ladies arrive & find their gifts.

Thanks!

Lol - I was trying to avoid the guessing game. None of these ladies sew or quilt, so I don't think they are going to be as familiar as we are with "mug rugs". Thought it might be easier than explaining over & over as 8 ladies arrive & find their gifts.
    Good Thought!

Nice little gift, i am drooling over those purple fabrics.

That is a clever gift. I was thinking luggage tags to do as little gifts on presents at Christmas. These mug rugs are also a great idea (and perhaps alot more fun to sew than the luggage tags).

Quote Originally Posted by teri295
    That is a clever gift. I was thinking luggage tags to do as little gifts on presents at Christmas. These mug rugs are also a great idea (and perhaps alot more fun to sew than the luggage tags).
    Could you please tell us how you make the luggage tags?
    And perhaps include some pics?
    Thanks!

In regards to luggage tags - I'll find one of mine, photo it and locate the instructions...they've lasted quite well surprisingly, considering the gorillas that sometimes toss the luggage off the airplanes. (no insult meant for luggage handlers around the world)

In regards to luggage tags - I'll find one of mine, photo it and locate the instructions...they've lasted quite well surprisingly, considering the gorillas that sometimes toss the luggage off the airplanes. (no insult meant for luggage handlers around the world)
    Might be better to start a new thread on this, rather than hijack the Mug Rugs! When you do, would you please PM me, so I don't miss the thread? Thanks!! :thumbup:

5 more by Saturday??? Get off here chickie and get to sewing...

LOL really though they are quite nice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    You are very thoughtful and they're so pretty!! Love all your fabrics :)
    ditto

Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What a fun thing to do...

very cute-I love mug rugs

Blog Entries
    Might be better to start a new thread on this, rather than hijack the Mug Rugs! When you do, would you please PM me, so I don't miss the thread? Thanks!! :thumbup:
    Let me know too please! lol And thanks for not hijacking the Mug Rugs...I need them on Saturday and don't want to pay the ransom :D

Power Poster
    What a great gift idea!
    And I'm sure they are fun to make! It is so nice that you are finding out everyone's favorite color...personalization is so special!
    You go girl!!! Hope you get them all done in time!

That is such a nice thing to do. They are so cute

What a neat idea.

Let me know too please! lol And thanks for not hijacking the Mug Rugs...I need them on Saturday and don't want to pay the ransom :D
    OK ... time for tough love here and
    >>>kick>>>
    QCowGirl ... you get yourself to the treadle and put the pedal to the metal and get those Rugs done!!
    Do not pass GO!
    Do not sneak onto the Boards ... we'll catch you!

<----says she who asked for help in the same way last weekend, and darn it all anyway, everytime I took a peak online, I got caught! It worked, and I got my miles of Binding done, two quilts and a pillow cover/sham.

So be off with you my dear QCowGirl! :lol:

........ and of course, don't forget to come back and show us all eight!
    (be sure to make one for yourself, in honour of the GTG ... use some of the fabric from each of your friends rugs, so you can have them with you when you drink up!)

Blog Entries
    OK ... time for tough love here and
    >>>kick>>>
    QCowGirl ... you get yourself to the treadle and put the pedal to the metal and get those Rugs done!!
    Do not pass GO!
    Do not sneak onto the Boards ... we'll catch you!

<----says she who asked for help in the same way last weekend, and darn it all anyway, everytime I took a peak online, I got caught! It worked, and I got my miles of Binding done, two quilts and a pillow cover/sham.

So be off with you my dear QCowGirl! :lol:

........ and of course, don't forget to come back and show us all eight!
    ROFL - If I could do nothing but sew you bet I would! Unfortunately I have a day job. And a part-time night job. Which is why last night I sewed for an hour or so before going to bed. Which is why my alarm went off at 4:30am this morning & I sewed for an hour before getting ready for work lol. Rinse & repeat tonight & tomorrow. Thanks goodness for perimenopausal insomnia. :mrgreen:

[
    ROFL - If I could do nothing but sew you bet I would! Unfortunately I have a day job. And a part-time night job. Which is why last night I sewed for an hour or so before going to bed. Which is why my alarm went off at 4:30am this morning & I sewed for an hour before getting ready for work lol. Rinse & repeat tonight & tomorrow. Thanks goodness for perimenopausal insomnia. :mrgreen:
    Tooooooo funnyyyyyyyyyyy!!
    Of course, never happens to the rest of us! Good thing the day job lets you sneak on here and break up the working life!! :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast