Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Wish I liked this more (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/wish-i-liked-more-t41413.html)

FabricAddict 04-01-2010 11:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm making this for my son's college graduation - he is a composer. I used a turning twenty because I wanted to show off a lot of music fabrics and then added the composers. One of the composers is my son (used a photo copy fabric with his sillhouette and photshopped it to match the other composers with their wigs. Too late to start something new. I think a black border will help... Any other ideas - it's so patchwork mishmosh.

Elisabrat 04-01-2010 11:34 AM

oh no your wrong this is very cool and perfect for a man. The colors the patchy look are great. Black is a nice outline to pop those pieces ie pianos etc. He will love this. I love it and I am not into music much at all. I think when you stand back, squint and see colors vs pictures (we all get way in there close when we are the ones doing the quilts) and you will see it melts together perfectly. Lovely quilt truly.

Jim's Gem 04-01-2010 11:36 AM

I think it looks great I agree, a black border will make it pop!!!

kathy 04-01-2010 11:38 AM

yes it looks very masculine, it'll grow on you especially after he just loves it. I just loves it already.

Fiber Artist 04-01-2010 11:38 AM

my oldest son loves music,he said this would be perfect!!

Eagle Hawk 04-01-2010 11:50 AM

I wish you liked it more, too, because I think it is really a fantastic quilt. It is unusual, which makes it better, and the colors of black, gold and red with the composers sets each other off beautifully. I think a gold one inch border then a 3 to 4 inch border black border around that would be nice with a black or gold binding would be nice. Or maybe a red 1 inch border with a black 3 to 4 inch would be nice, too, depending on how much fabric you have left to do them. Whatever, you are probably just tired of looking at this quilt and don't see how really pretty it is now. I get like that when I work on something for a few days then set it back and the next time I look at it, it looks better. It will give it a completely new life when it is completely quilted, too. Also, if it is for someone so special I over judge and worry that it is not pretty enough and want to make something else better. But, this is already great, so don't put yourself down. It looks elegant and top quality, and I am sure he will love it and be proud of it.

rootyr 04-01-2010 11:52 AM

Are you kidding me??? That is absolutely gorgeous. Your son will LOVE it. A black border gets my vote!!!

Marjpf 04-01-2010 11:53 AM

It's wonderful! You did a great job. What if you did a thin black border, then a wide piano key border in black and gold?

bailey 04-01-2010 11:53 AM

Your son will love it. It is a perfect music/masculine quilt. I think is is wonderful. Another vote for a black border.

Sheila Elaine 04-01-2010 11:58 AM

The black will Pop the black in the quilt, plus once all the blocks are sewn together & quilted, you'll have a masterpiece of art indeed. He will forever love it & his Mom. Great quilt.