Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   your opinion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/your-opinion-t110073.html)

barbrdunn 03-24-2011 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter
I like the floral fabric but it looks a bit too busy for that quilt. Do you have any of the grey in the quilt left? Maybe add a thin border of the grey and then a wider border of the black with the pink polka dots! It is a very nice quilt and I am sure the lucky girl will love it.

This is exactly what I was thinking! BTW, I love the quilt.

cctx. 03-24-2011 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaY
This is a beautiful quilt!

It sure it beautiful, my kind of colors too.
Great job!

CloverPatch 03-24-2011 08:12 PM

LOL, I feel like the odd man out. But I like it with the floral. Changes it up a bit, but stays in the color scheme. I don't see why things have to be all matchy matchy. I think it does go together. As far as not fitting with the feel or grande scheme of the quilt, who says it has to stay squares? I say you matched it on color it doesn't HAVE to match on pattern. Thats what I love about quilting. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. It is beautiful what ever you decide, she will LOVE it!

sylviak 03-24-2011 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by piepatch

Originally Posted by irishrose
I'd use a narrow solid black eye stopper strip, then a nice border of the dots. Binding could be black or the dots again. I hope you mean the pink dots on black. I like those. In fact, I bought some from a board member last year.

I agree with irishrose. A solid black border, then a border of the dots.......then I would bind with the black.

I agree...that would look great!

GwenH 03-24-2011 08:17 PM

She will love the quilt... I think the border fabric is really pretty, but not to crazy about it as the border. The dots would work better I think...

tinliz 03-24-2011 08:18 PM

I'd use a narrow solid black eye stopper strip, then a nice border of the dots. Binding could be black or the dots again. I hope you mean the pink dots on black. I like those. In fact, I bought some from a board member last year.

I think this is a good idea.

BevF 03-24-2011 08:52 PM

I agree. The black dots on pink would soften the edges and cause the eye to be drawn to the center so that would also work as the border.

Janquiltz 03-24-2011 11:57 PM

Do like your quilt, but I wouldn't use the floral for this quilt either. Don't know how much of the floral you do have, and can't see enough of it to figure out the repeat - but from what I can see - I bet you that your floral fabric would make a knock-out OBW or Stack 'n whack"! I think that the quilt can stand on it's own without a border - unless you need it to make the quilt a little larger.

rgbear 03-25-2011 02:37 AM

You could use the floral but you would need a black strip around that one to pull it all in together

Linda1 03-25-2011 08:06 AM

I love your quilt but I am with others and wouldn't use the floral for borders.