Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Problems with my sewing machine, Pics of the stitches... >

Problems with my sewing machine, Pics of the stitches...

Problems with my sewing machine, Pics of the stitches...

Old 09-11-2011, 03:39 PM

The machine only started doing this when I had to replace the foot with a new one. I have the technique on how to do it pretty good as I did practice alot before I started on the actual quilt and I have more than half the quilt finished to my satisfaction. I thought it would be no problem to replace the foot and go back to my project. I thought it may be the new foot so I got another one and it does the same thing so I guess it's probably the tension or bobbing settings. I am gonna have Hubby take a look at it and see what he can do with it. There is not a repair shop in this area without having to travel about 100 miles so that's my only hope is Hubby can fix it or I'll have to get another one. I had one with a problem similar to this before and he took it apart and fixed it for me so keeping my fingers crossed. I appreciate everyone posting their thoughts and suggestions.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:17 PM

when your needle hit the foot and broke it it could have go0ttin the timing off also
Old 09-11-2011, 04:56 PM

Okay, so I put the regular sewing foot back on my machine and it sews perfect! I made an entire block and it went just fine.... wonder if it could be the foot that I'm using now for FMQ?
Old 09-12-2011, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by kimnkell
Originally Posted by sylviak
This may sound silly, but is your presser foot lever down? I've left mine up a few times, and since the darning foot is raised off the surface when the lever is down, I just didn't notice I hadn't dropped it. Easy to do!
I have done that before too but this time it's not the case. Thanks for thinking of it though. :)
You mentioned the foot broke and you bought a new one. Is it possible that you bought the wrong foot for your machine.