Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
purple Bargello top done >

purple Bargello top done

purple Bargello top done

Old 12-13-2014, 06:57 AM

Beautiful!
Old 12-13-2014, 07:04 AM

It turned out great! I have enjoyed following along.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:55 AM

You are truly an artist and I love all your quilts.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:57 AM

Beautiful! Also extra pretty since it is my fav color purple!
Old 12-13-2014, 07:57 AM

You are truly an artist and I love all your quilts. I appreciate the help you gave me when I was making mine.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:02 PM

Thank again, everyone, for your sweet comments. I am about 1/2 through quilting it and may finish thai part tomorrow. I SID, so it doesn't take too long. Then I will bind it and be done. This quilt has been really fun to do. My purple-loving heart enjoyed it every step of the way.

Dina
Old 12-14-2014, 05:21 AM

Love how yours turned out and I'm not even a purple lovers. I have this pattern as well as the free Bargello Pattern program. I've got my strips all put together as the above pattern tells me to and have cut one end to make it straight. I've tried using the Bargello Pattern program but my hands shake so much I can't get a nice smooth wave to the pattern to suit me. I'm so afraid to make those 1st set of cut strips down vertically. Can anyone help me get a nice smooth wavy pattern using this program? I can send you the colors I've set it up with. I need a much larger quilt top than the Serenity pattern makes. Bargello quilt has been on my "Bucket List" for quite a while now and finally decided to try it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:15 AM

Love it, thanks for sharing your progress
Old 12-14-2014, 06:18 AM

Never tried bargello but your quilt makes me want to try. Thanks for sharing
Old 12-14-2014, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
Love how yours turned out and I'm not even a purple lovers. I have this pattern as well as the free Bargello Pattern program. I've got my strips all put together as the above pattern tells me to and have cut one end to make it straight. I've tried using the Bargello Pattern program but my hands shake so much I can't get a nice smooth wave to the pattern to suit me. I'm so afraid to make those 1st set of cut strips down vertically. Can anyone help me get a nice smooth wavy pattern using this program? I can send you the colors I've set it up with. I need a much larger quilt top than the Serenity pattern makes. Bargello quilt has been on my "Bucket List" for quite a while now and finally decided to try it.

Thanks in advance.
If I understand you correctly, you have 12 2 1/2 strips sewn together and are ready to cut across those to begin cutting the strips in various widths? Is that right? I use a June Taylor Cut and Shape ruler to made sure my cuts are straight. I have myopic macular degeneration and no center sight in one eye. As a result, I have no depth perception, and I don't see straight lines. BUT the June Taylor Cut and Shape ruler makes it possible for me to cut straight lines.

Is that your problem? Just make sure your rotary blade is nice and sharp. I tried to cut some of my first ones with a dull blade. Way more trouble than it is worth.

I am not sure what the free Bargello quilt program is, so I don't know anything about it.

Of course, to make the Serenity pattern bigger, just keep adding to it....but you know that.

I hope you end up enjoying making the Bargello. I know I do, and if I can make one, anyone can. I promise. Just follow the instructions carefully. In fact, when I first started, I got a lot of good advice from folks here. Let me see if I can find that thread and add it. I will go ahead and post this, then check....because if I go searching now, this message will disappear.

Dina