Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Purple Star started new update....11-15-08 pg. 4 >

Purple Star started new update....11-15-08 pg. 4

Purple Star started new update....11-15-08 pg. 4

Old 11-16-2008, 08:53 AM

littlehud, Jim's Gem, Blue Bell, PurplePassion, mgshaw, Lucky Patsy's "Mom" ......Thank You for looking and all your kind comments....
Old 11-16-2008, 08:59 AM

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous!
Old 11-16-2008, 09:03 AM

Chele, Dawn Hendrix, Marcia, tlrnhi, Quilt4u, sandpat, bearpaw, peaceandjoy, Bevanger..Barbm... Thanks everyone for your kind words...I do love to here what others think.... :D

Harmony....this is going to my Dad and Mom...she can add the borders or do whatever...it's done on this end....

johnette....sorry no turorial...but can say I strip pieced it and the sixe is 3 and a half inches....the star wan't as hard as I thought it would be...the big trick was to stach the daylights out of the fabric....it's almost like a board....that's what most of the directions say to do...didn't have a pattern per say just looked off the photo's I have and went from there...the corner blocks are 12 and half inches and are from Carol Doak's book......the block is called Colorado....guess that's about it....good luck....
Old 11-16-2008, 10:32 AM

Ok, thanks for the info. I may look for that book with the Colorado pattern in it.
You did a super job.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:21 AM

Thank you johnette....wish I could have been of more help but I just kinda winged it....I've been looking at the lonestar for a long time and reading whatever I could find on it.....and just deciced to go for it.....like I said it wasn't that bad.....you will have to try it.....I know you can do it ...I've seen your work and you do wonderful work .....the other block is paper pieced...a first for me and that caused me more trouble than the star....mostly cause I used scraps...and the pieces weren't big enough after I sewed them....arrrrrr.....rip it off and try again...finally figured it out....:-)
Old 11-17-2008, 04:32 AM

When did you ever sleep or did it sew itself? Beautiful--stunning I WANT IT!!!!!!! :lol:
Old 11-17-2008, 05:45 AM

Oh I take quick naps from time to time...this is true....I don't sleep good so I sew....I guess the neighbors think I'm the crime watch during the morning hours....ha ha....

Thanks vicki....
Old 11-17-2008, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by vicki reno
When did you ever sleep or did it sew itself? Beautiful--stunning I WANT IT!!!!!!! :lol:
No, you can't have it. She's sending it to me!! lol
Old 11-17-2008, 06:46 AM

I'll fight you over it! I WANT IT :!: :!: She is going to send it to me :!: :hunf:
Old 11-17-2008, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by johnette
It is absolutely awesome. Could you give a tutorial on it or is that a no-no? Do you piece the diamonds individually or are you strip piecing? I would love to make one but afraid it is beyond my expertise. Or could you share where you got the pattern and if it is easy to follow? Thank you so much.
Johnette, Donīt mean to high jack this thread but have just found something that might be of help to you.

This link helps you to strip piece the lone star

http://www.geocities.com/quiltfrenzy...ar7backgd.html

This next site has a complete kit, but they say in their catalogue they have a pattern for 9$, I couldnīt find it listed for the pattern so you could call their number. Look on Designers for the finished quilt its gorgeous.
www.keepsakequilting.com It has poinsettas on it but you could do anything else you wanted.

If you have trouble fibnding it let me know.

Elle