Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Questionable Fabric Choice

OMG don't cut it up !!!. If you want to change something, maybe try a different border - perhaps a green one. That just might change everything & you may like it more than you think.
    Dance like no one is watching

Blog Entries
    If you don't like it right now, or have doubts, put it aside and work on something else for now. Get it out a monthe or two from now and see if your thoughts have changed.

I think it would be worth your efforts to finish it, maybe just not right now.
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue

I agree about finishing it. I am making one for my grandson and also felt it was very disappointing in it's appearance. However, I showed it to some teens and they all loved it. Even had some offers to adopt it if my DGS should decide he didn't like it, LOL.
    So I am going to finish mine and let the clippings fall where they may. At least I know someone will love it when it's finished.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

I agree, finish it - I like this one.
    Quilting makes me happy!..

Alot of times the quilting gives the top that extra something, finish it before you decide...try and picture it on a bed in a room with co-ordinating colors..I bet it will look fantastic....
    Kitty

I like it! I bet when you see it completely finished, you will too.. Please let us all see it when it's done!!!

Finish it. The colors are great.
    No matter how tough life is, it sure beats the alternative.

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...26548a24e6.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Penna View Post
    Help! My fabric choices didn't come out as I had hoped! Made this quilt top at a Serger Class but can't decide if I want to invest more $$$ to finish the quilt or just dice it up for my stash! And yes, you can piece a quilt using your serger!!!!
    You have done a wonderful job. You should finish it. Some times as you know, quilts look different after they are finished. Thank you for sharing.

Not every quilt is a "WOW" to us, but some are "WOW" to someone else. We're our own worst critics! Finish the quilt and enjoy the work you put into it - it's lovely! Hang onto it for a while. I guarantee a situation will come up and you'll need a quilt for someone. Someone will be sick, or having a really hard time, or need a pick-me-up that only your quilt will provide, and you'll be very, very happy you kept it, so you can 'pay it forward' to someone else. You'll make someone's day in a big way by doing so. Lovely quilt!

Chris

Please don't give up! Finish it, you will see beauty com out!

Louise
    I wish to grow into a better person than I am.

Pretty colors!

Please finish it. It has such a soft look. I really like it.

Blog Entries
    Very pretty, love the colors!
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

I agree with Lori S. While I agree with everyone that I like your quilt, that will not change how you feel about it. I did that one time...had a quilt that didn't grab me and thought I would have it quilted....did not change how I felt about it although others loved it. I do have to say though that over the years it has grown on me. Good luck with your decision.

Blog Entries
    Ok! I will finish it and post picture when done! Thank you all for the input and I know that someone will love this quilt no matter what!
    Laugh, Love and Quilt

I'd finish it for sure - perhaps another border of another fabric that complements the others - or maybe another fabric for the binding might do the trick for your taste. For me, I like it just as you've made it!

I remember asking our quilt guild if they'd be interested in doing a Mystery Quilt and one of the class clowns piped up and said that every quilt she makes is a mystery quilt because she never knows how it's going to turn out compared with her selections, skills and expectations. We all cracked up but then spent the lunch hour commenting about how right she was!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

I'd finish it for sure - perhaps another border of another fabric that complements the others - or maybe another fabric for the binding might do the trick for your taste. For me, I like it just as you've made it!

I remember asking our quilt guild if they'd be interested in doing a Mystery Quilt and one of the class clowns piped up and said that every quilt she makes is a mystery quilt because she never knows how it's going to turn out compared with her selections, skills and expectations. We all cracked up but then spent the lunch hour commenting about how right she was!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

I like the colors you chose. Please finish it. Sometimes when I'm too close for too long I don't think I like my project. Then when I get some space from it, I'm amazed that it's not as bad as I thought. Could this be the case? I think there's always hope, even the most ugly quilt is loved by someone! And your quilt is nowhere near ugly!!!

It's very pretty.
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

It's not a quilt until its quilted, so that may help. If after its quilted your still on the fence about it, donate it. Maybe a seniors home could use it as a raffle quilt, or something along those lines.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4