Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quilt I made for a raffle at a hog roast

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen
    yashudda asked her if she was on the rag or something....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one! I always think of the best come-backs afterwards.

Queen

Your quilt is amazing, did you machine embroider it - I am looking possibly at a Quilting/Embroidery machine, which one do you have?
    What a wonderful thing to do, helping your community is such a special thing to do. There are far too many people in this world that concentrate their opinions onto others.
    I always reply when someone is rude to me, "I beg your pardon" it usually makes to person blush somewhat - and you've guessed they don't have an answer for me. LOL
    I can make someone feel just as uncomfortable as they have made you feel. :evil: Not often but if anyone is rude to me they certainly don't leave feeling superior.
    If I had known earlier I would have purchased some tickets from you too -but I'm in the UK. LOL
    You should be given an award for all your hard work :D

Hope you raise lots of money for a very worthy cause.

Tisha

Blog Entries
    That is just the way she is. I had to work with her yesterday and everything went well. She was on her good behavior and did not say one rude remark. My husband saw us talking and asked if we settled our problems. It wasn't my problem.
    The hog roast is today and we are expecting 350-500 people. That is a tremendous amount of people for the area we live in. Closes town is about 8 miles (1,200) and any town with any sizable population is over 25 miles. We have some coming from Kentucky and Richmond, Indiana. My feet will be hurting when this day is over. Two of my sons will be helping and one of their friends. They look forward to this day and it really makes me proud that high school students like helping, but they are terrific kids even if I say so myself. Better be careful patting myself on my back. Don't want to strain anything.LOL

I'm with Karen!!!! and I too love the quilt and wish you all a good time and lots of money!

It's beautiful. Hope you bring in a lot of cash.

the quilt is beautiful, you should have told her, it was a special quilt one made with love and the block she thought was wrong was ment to show that love isn't perfect, name your quilt not so perfect love. then invite her to make the next quilt.

Beautiful and very colorful quilt.
    I'd love to see pics of the restoration in progress too. That's a tall building..... I love seeing restored buildings....your quilt was for a very good cause.
    Maybe that ole biddy was picking on your quilt thinking she could get it for a lot less than it's worth....next time tell her it's really hard trying to decide where to put a mistake so people like her can hunt for them.

I thought your quilt was gorgeous and I couldn't find a misstep anywhere. There always has to be someone who wants to upset things, doesn't there? Hope you made a pile of cash.

I sure hope your quilt made lots of money, what a cool building as the cause!

As as for the quilt police, who says there is a right way or a wrong way to make something? After all it's your creative work (AND LOOKS AMAZING!) perhaps you wanted that part to be that way. It's not like she made the pattern, and even if she did it's your beautiful work. No one will ever know and whomever wins that quilt will be thrilled to have it for years to come!

I just love all those colors! What kind of machine did you make it on? It looks like the perfect cuddle quilt!

That is one gorgeous quilt! I don't see any mistakes. Did you do it by hand or machine on the flowers? It should bring much moola for your project. So you have a Quiltzilla. I think your response to her was kind,considering. How did she answer you? Such drama!

judee

Your quilt is beautiful and perfect in every way! I Love itand should the high biider choose to redonate I can pm you my addy!

Whenever I hear someone say something like that I know they probably have the emotional maturity of a 4-5 year old. They just don't know any better, and I found out a few years back it's not usually my job to teach them although I did find that very entertaining for many years +} I used to be very bratty...

Shame on her! Your quilt is beautiful. Remember, whenever someone criticizes your work, just tell them, "I like it and that's all that matters".

Hope you raise lots of money!

Blog Entries
    You will not believe this, but we had over 600 people served at the hog roast. When this started over 12 years ago, we had about 200 people served. We barely had enough food and we did run out of the ham and beans. I haven't heard how much money we made, and the quilt is going to Utah. There was an older lady that won it that was visiting family here in Indiana and it will be for her first great-grandchild.
    I can hardly move this morning. My feet and legs ache terribly, but is all for a good cause.
    Thanks for all the kind comments. The quilt police did show up to help with the serving and she came over to me and told me that she did not intend to offend me, but she would have done the quilt different. She must be a very unhappy person is all I have to say.
    The comments I heard were all positive, now what do I do for next year?

Mary

Looks fantastic to me, I love it! :) I hope it raises oodles of money! :)

As for the quilt police....anytime someone makes a comment that brings a person down, it's because they have self esteem issues and are feeling inferior. Don't let it get to you...

Quote Originally Posted by Queen
    The quilt police did show up to help with the serving and she came over to me and told me that she did not intend to offend me, but she would have done the quilt different. She must be a very unhappy person is all I have to say.
    Sure sounds like it! She couldn't just leave well enough alone!
    Sorry your feet and legs are hurting, and I hope you made a ton of money!!

Glad all went well and hope you made lots of money on the quilt. I think you should make the quilt police do the quilt for next year.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That is a gorgeous quilt!! It's soothing. I just feel "ahhhhhh" when I look at it. And as a teacher who would have loved to teach years ago in a small school--I surely do admire your cause. :wink:

Banned
    I THINK ITS PERFECT.... :P

It's beautiful. Tell the Quilt Police to mind her own bussiness.

Mary-I am so glad you had a good turn out and a successful day.

Did you take a picture of the lady who won your quilt? I would have wanted a pic of her with the quilt for my journal. Neat story that she is going to give it to her first great grandchild!!

For next year--I say you make another quilt!!! The quilt police can just "get over it". You are a VERY talented woman and she needs to learn to deal with her jealousy!!

It looks terrific to me!

Aren't those cops irritating at times? I think the group restoring the schoolhouse are lucky to have you!!!!

Blog Entries
    wonder what was wrong with that woman looks perfect to me a very beautiful quilt maybe she was jealous I wouls sure like to win it

Blog Entries
    Yo should have told her than only God is perfect. And WHERE WAS HER PROJECT????
    Your quilt is beautiful and I am sure a lot of work went into it.
    You keep going Girl!!!!!!! :wink:

Your quilt is lovely...and if I lived in your part of Indiana and was close to your fundraiser, you can bet I'd bid on it!

I agree with Janeen's comment...the socalled quilt cop should blowitoutherwhatever...mary quite contrary was also on the money...I, too, think she's jealous!

Keep up that beautiful work...and let us know how the fundraising went.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast