Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt loaded in frame

It took me quite awhile to get my first quilt loaded in the frame. I've never done it before and I probably rolled up the top and back 3 times each until I was satisfied with it.

It is so quick once it's done though! I started tying it last night, I've worked on it off and on today, and I'm half way through the second roll. I hope I can have it done to give to my brother next weekend.

Attached Images Attached Images

Ooohhhh......very nice masculine quilt. I'm sure your brother will love it. And now that you've loaded that frame I bet it will go quicker the next time.

Blog Entries
    Way cool ! Your brother will love the quilt :lol:
    Sharon

Love the quilt. The frame will make your life so much easier.

That's an awesome quilt!
    Just love the frame! I want one!

That sure is a pretty quilt, he is sure to love it!

Pam-What a gorgeous quilt--I love the fabrics. I am glad you are enjoying your new frame.

Very nice setup and the quilt is real nice too.

Blog Entries
    I'm so excited for you! Looks like you got a pretty good chair too.
    Are you gonna quilt in silence, or do you have a radio. . .

So far it's in silence. I have the little TV in the sewing room but the other guest room has a big TV so maybe I can move them around. I could use a new CD player/radio never opened in the box that I got my granddaughter for Christmas but someone else got her one so I got something else.

I'm using the big padded chair from my office in the next room. I can roll it back if I need it in the office but I usually use my laptop downstairs anyway.

Very nice set up pam. It will go fast in a frame like that.

Banned
    VERY VERY Nice. Your brother is gonna love it

Very manly quilt. Nice frame - I was going to ask if you were able to sit while tying it and you answered my question. I can't stand for long periods of time.

I am sure you will get it done by next weekend. Good luck!

GREAT looking quilt for a fella, Pam!

Mrs Grace is what I call my big frame--, Grace for the portable floor frame & then: Little Gracie for the lap frame. Everything has to have a name here! :mrgreen:)

Mrs Grace & I had a whale of a time the first quilt I loaded on her. I was abt to decide my desire to have her exceeded my ability?
    When I was finally happy with the way it went on (I learned you have to make sure the ends are perfectly straight) I saw to my horror I had loaded the backing right side up, rather than right side down. SIGH

FIRST time is a learning experience, I've had no problems since. Repetition is the key to knowledge , so it is said.

I hope you greatly enjoy YOUR Mrs. Grace for many years!! Your fabrics are lovely in this quilt!

Riley

Blog Entries
    VERY NICE!!! love the colors! Is that "turning 20" pattern? Looks good and easy.

Yep, it was quite a challenge the first time. I watched the video that came with it again right before loading it and that helped. I had to think for a moment when I was doing the backing to make sure I was putting it on the right way.

It would be so much better with two people, one on each end, to keep the top and backing rolling straight. I would do a partial turn, walk to one side and straighten, walk to the other side and straighten... back and forth.

The fabric is the Civil War reproduction, Vicksburg by Judy Rothermel (might not have that name exactly right) and the pattern is called 4 Square Fun. It was very easy to do, had it done in a few days. I chose it because of the masculine colors, not flowery, and the simple pattern I thought would be good for my brother.

Awesome quilt. I love the fabric. Nice frame too.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    Yep, it was quite a challenge the first time. I watched the video that came with it again right before loading it and that helped. I had to think for a moment when I was doing the backing to make sure I was putting it on the right way.

It would be so much better with two people, one on each end, to keep the top and backing rolling straight. I would do a partial turn, walk to one side and straighten, walk to the other side and straighten... back and forth.
    Two people? Well you did promise me a sewing room! I'll do the cooking, honest! :D

I LOVE your frame AND that quilt but I said that when I first saw it - wish I had room for one, maybe I'll sell one of the kids, then I could use their room! :lol:

K x

Light fare will do. I eat lunch at work and don't want a big meal at night. :wink:

Selling one of the kids should net you enough for a frame!! :lol: But you might want to keep them to crawl underneath and look at how the underside is coming along so you don't have to.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    Light fare will do. I eat lunch at work and don't want a big meal at night. :wink:

Selling one of the kids should net you enough for a frame!! :lol: But you might want to keep them to crawl underneath and look at how the underside is coming along so you don't have to.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm on the next plane! I do great salads and pasta! BUT I warn you, I WILL be raiding your stash! :wink:

K x