Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Quilt Made with Love

Beautiful quilt and what a touching story!! All of us could stand to have friends like that!!

That is a wonderful story and the quilt is something to be treasured forever. The quilt is gorgeous.

How very sweet a story! I love that they stuck together to the end of the quit. They really must love to be with each other. Very pretty design and quilt ... lucky you to have it.

What a beautiful quilt!!!

You have wonderful friends!!!

Blog Entries
    Such a beautiful quilt and a sweet couple that made the quilt that is true friends bless there hearts

No wonder you treasure this beautiful quilt. Thank you so much for sharing the story with us. It is so touching.

Blog Entries
    I have goose bumps. Such love. Thanks for sharing.

pretty quilt, but more important beautiful story behind it.... :-)

What a beautiful quilt and a heartwarming story. You have wonderful friends.

Wow, they did great! Quilts really do equal love.

A beautiful quilt made by some really beautiful people. What a wonderful keepsake!!

Stunning, great story, too. You must be special folks to have friends like that.

Blog Entries
    It has been on my mind for quite some time to share this quilt and story. I am glad to share with you who realize the effort.

Nancy - thank you for the wonderful meanings you put to the colours in the quilt. I'm going to ask them about that. They have moved across the country to live near his aging mother and the university where she could do a master's degree on duck cholera. We're now waiting for the call to tell us whether our surrogate grandchild is boy or girl.

KLue - you're right about the connection between science and art, they're very closely connected. Although they had not made a quilt, she had done quite a bit of sewing.

All the warm comments just make me appreciate over again how much these friends mean. Thanks.

What a wonderful story and the quilt is beautiful.

Blog Entries
    What a special quilt from equally special friends!!! I would write down this story so that it can be passed down to future generations along with your quilt. This is a story that should never be forgotten. :D :D :D

That is great - it would definitely stay on my bed all the time. Great story behind it.
    Serena

Priceless treasures: the quilt, the quilt makers, and you for recognizing their value. Thank you for sharing.

What a lovely gift and the story is even better. Something for the future generations to know. Thanks for sharing. You have wonderful friends.

what a treasure! It is beautiful!
    Kendra

You should print out the story and place it somewhere with a picture of the quilt. It is a great story and a beautiful quilt. Di

Quilt stories are some of the best stories ever. This one is truly heartwarming and you have a beautiful keepsake because of it. Thanks for sharing. Wish I would spend more time recording mine and friends quilt stories. Some are priceless like yours/your friends.

Awesome quilt made even more beautiful by sharing your story of the makers. You are lucky to have such great friends.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    What a special quilt from equally special friends!!! I would write down this story so that it can be passed down to future generations along with your quilt. This is a story that should never be forgotten. :D :D :D
    You're right. They told me the story of making it - the daily floor washing so they could use the largest surface in the house - in that way people do of apologizing in advance of error. She asked me not to look too closely because she had trouble quilting it, but I have looked very closely and just can't find fault. I learned about pulling the knots years later when I asked specifically about the quilting when I was shopping for a new sewing machine.

Amma, I have written this story once now, but will take your advice and write it in a place that will be passed down. I hadn't actually thought of this quilt as an heirloom, simply as a treasure that makes me feel loved.

Blog Entries
    A beautiful labor of love!

What wonderful people and friends that you have. The quilt is gorgeous. I know that you will cherish it. Thx for sharing such a beautiful story and friends.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast